Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions about some quirks with my Alpine Restyle X009-FD1 in my 2009 F-150

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2016, 07:40 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Question Questions about some quirks with my Alpine Restyle X009-FD1 in my 2009 F-150

After having used this new unit since I purchased it in October 2015, I've found some annoying issues that even Alpine and my local shop don't know how to solve:

1. "No Paired Phones Found" message: I see this message about 1-2 minutes after I start up the unit. My phone (Verizon Galaxy Note 4) pairs immediately/automatically just fine.

But then 1-2 min after it's booted up, I get this message across the entire screen - "No paired phones found".

Cannot determine what is causing this message to show up, even Alpine support and my local shop don't know what's causing it. Support recommended that I factory reset my phone...which I have done for unrelated reasons multiple times since having the Restyle, and this message shows regardless. I have factory reset the Restyle too, and removed and re-synced my phone many times. Still shows. Anyone know why?

2. Customized Source Banner Resets to Stock Order: One of the features in the settings allows you to customize the Source Banner Order.

Basically change the order of inputs to whatever you want, so your most used inputs are in a row shown first. I have customized this many times, and I notice that after X number of power cycles during normal driving/operation, the source banner is reset to the stock order. I can't find a pattern as to the number of boots or turning the unit on/off that causes it to reset. It's not an issue of losing power, as all my other settings/favorites, etc are still saved. It's just this banner order resetting. Alpine support told me that it's a bug in the software, and to have my shop contact their Alpine rep for a system software update that isn't available to me, the end user, to do myself. I took it in last week, watched them call their rep, and be told there are no updates for the Restyle software... I think this is a bug in the software, but no one can confirm it. Anyone seen this before?

3. Stock SYNC Screen is Randomly Blank: This is a picture of the stock 09 F-150 SYNC screen.

Since having the Restyle installed, this is supposed to show the date/time as shown in the picture (The compass and temp ALWAYS show). This screen is randomly blank when I turn the car on. Sometimes the date/time shows up right away when the Restyle boots and stays on for the trip, other times it's blank for 10-30 min and then suddenly shows up, other times it's blank the entire time until the next power cycle. Again, Alpine support and my local shop have no clue why. My shop thinks it's a bug in the Maestro software that controls this. Alpine had no clue. Any ideas?

Thank you all in advance for reading this, and I appreciate any help that any of you might be able to offer.
Old 03-27-2016, 12:46 PM

Received 217 Likes on 179 Posts

All of your issues sound like Alpine software related. If they don't have a clue then you are SOL.
Old 03-27-2016, 02:34 PM

Received 61 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Chad Walker
All of your issues sound like Alpine software related. If they don't have a clue then you are SOL.
+1

Personally, I'd be PISSED if I spent that kind of money on a stereo system like that with these kinds of software bugs and Alpine doesn't even recognize it's their problem. I'd be demanding to talk to a software engineer to work these issues out, demanding a new replacement, or full refund. Sadly, none of those would probably happen. You MIGHT could get a refurbished unit if you're lucky.
Old 03-27-2016, 03:11 PM

Yeah I am pissed about it. I spent some serious money on this unit, and while I'm happy with it overall, these are daily annoyances every time I use it.

I've been discussing it on a thread I started on reddit/r/carAV and may have resolved the first issue at least.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CarAV/comme...ith_my_alpine/

Basically, here is what I've found out so far:

1. I may have figured out how to disable this in the Maestro settings on the unit. There was an option for bluetooth connected phone, whether to use OEM (sync), AFTERMARKET (restyle), or Both. I think it was set to both by default. I set it Aftermarket because I don't really care about Sync anymore. I'm hoping this resolves that message, will confirm as soon as I test.

2. I'm pretty sure this is a bug. The annoying thing is that the Alpine support rep I talked to on the phone told me that there was a system update that resolves this, but only my shop (official alpine dealer) could contact their rep and install the update. I took it to the shop, and they called their rep, and confirmed there is no update available. I got the feeling he was just trying to get off the call because he didn't know the answer... especially since I kept asking why I couldn't just install the update myself and why the shop would have to do it...he couldn't answer why.

3. This I believe is a bug with the Maestro. I went through all the Maestro settings again last night, and didn't find anything that specifies what shows on that little screen and when. I even went through the computer-connected setup of the Maestro with my local shop, and they showed me that the setup options are pretty limited - nothing specifies how that little screen is controlled. I'm going to create an account and post on the Maestro forums like someone recommended here.
Old 03-27-2016, 03:56 PM

Received 61 Likes on 46 Posts

Sounds like that first issue might get fixed with that setting. I can definitely see that causing a problem. Also, I have yet to get my stereo and maestro for my truck but now I'm remembering reading somewhere about little annoyances in the maestro getting fixed with a firmware upgrade. Have you looked into that? Maybe an update for your maestro might be available.
Old 03-27-2016, 07:12 PM

Received 152 Likes on 130 Posts

Default Questions about some quirks with my Alpine Restyle X009-FD1 in my 2009 F-150

Go on alpine and see if they have an update. My Kenwood did this and is your galaxy the lolipop software. My note 4 also has this issue and I did the factory reset and it solved it for a few weeks

Last edited by alpinestar1123; 03-27-2016 at 07:17 PM.
Old 03-27-2016, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by poskwally
Sounds like that first issue might get fixed with that setting. I can definitely see that causing a problem. Also, I have yet to get my stereo and maestro for my truck but now I'm remembering reading somewhere about little annoyances in the maestro getting fixed with a firmware upgrade. Have you looked into that? Maybe an update for your maestro might be available.
Where can I check to see if upgrades are available for the Maestro? I will definitely look into this!
Old 03-27-2016, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by alpinestar1123
Go on alpine and see if they have an update. My Kenwood did this and is your galaxy the lolipop software. My note 4 also has this issue and I did the factory reset and it solved it for a few weeks
I checked, so did my shop with their alpine rep, no updates are available for it. My note4 is running is running Android 5.1.1 Lollipop I believe, which is the latest version available for it from Verizon without rooting. I have factory reset it multiple times, still no difference.
Old 03-27-2016, 08:28 PM

Received 152 Likes on 130 Posts

Default Questions about some quirks with my Alpine Restyle X009-FD1 in my 2009 F-150

Originally Posted by DaxxRuckus
I checked, so did my shop with their alpine rep, no updates are available for it. My note4 is running is running Android 5.1.1 Lollipop I believe, which is the latest version available for it from Verizon without rooting. I have factory reset it multiple times, still no difference.
Hmmm try this and look up your model. http://maestro.idatalink.com/firmware
Old 03-27-2016, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by alpinestar1123
Hmmm try this and look up your model. http://maestro.idatalink.com/firmware
I did, says no updates available:

Quick Reply: Questions about some quirks with my Alpine Restyle X009-FD1 in my 2009 F-150