Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

question about ford ESP

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 12:36 AM

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Default question about ford ESP

I'm looking to get the Premium ESP from http://andersonandkoch-ford-warranty.com and want to know if anyone else has purchased from them and had to use the warranty at their local ford dealer.

They seem to have a too good to be true price and I want to know if it's legit or not.

I tried to search on here for this information, but it didn't seem to find anything. I guess I put in the wrong key words...

I appreciate your help.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:50 AM
Camden Tennis

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default ESP

I bought one from flood ford ESP. I am glad i did. I paid 900 bucks for 100k 5 years bumper to bumper.
Old 06-03-2012, 06:52 AM

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

x2 for flood ford esp (http://www.floodfordesp.com/).....its the same exact ford factory extended warranty that your local dealer offers, no difference, other than the price of course. How or why they can offer it cheaper, I don't know and honestly don't really care, I just care that its the same exact warranty and it will be honored at any Ford dealership that I choose to bring my truck into for service work. I purchased the top of the line PremiumCARE package 7yrs 100kmiles for $1200, the cheapest price that my local dealer could offer me for this same exact warranty was $1650.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:26 AM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I just purchased one from Flood Ford this past week. They emailed the paperwork Friday after it had been registered with Ford. I went on the owners site and tried to buy one and it says the records indicate I already have coverage. They are legit and I bought the same exact warranty (6/60000 0 deductable)that I had on my previous truck for over $300 less($1119/$795) and this time it includes first day rental.
Old 06-03-2012, 11:19 AM

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

thanks for the info. It looks like flood ford has the same price as the one i posted. It's good to know they are legit.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:12 PM

Received 531 Likes on 407 Posts

Exclamation Anderson Koch is the cheapest on FORD ESP!

I bought mine from AndersonKoch Ford. At the time, they were the cheapest of all the ones that offered them online.

Not sure why everyone is saying Flood Ford is cheaper....

its a FORD-ESP. Where you buy it really would not make any difference...I'd buy it where it was the cheapest.

the finance manager at Anderson Koch does the ESP's. Jeremy was his name.

PS. The processing hits your credit card immediatley!!!! And your contract will commence on that day. However, it takes them about two weeks to mail your contract.

Originally Posted by segen77
I'm looking to get the Premium ESP from http://andersonandkoch-ford-warranty.com and want to know if anyone else has purchased from them and had to use the warranty at their local ford dealer.

They seem to have a too good to be true price and I want to know if it's legit or not.

I tried to search on here for this information, but it didn't seem to find anything. I guess I put in the wrong key words...

I appreciate your help.
Old 06-03-2012, 11:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are maybe four or five discounters active: Ziegler Ford, Troy Ford, Flood Ford and Anderson. I know that Troy and Flood list the various coverages on their web site, while Ziegler requires you to e-mail for a quote, which is a pain. Basically, Ford wholesales the coverage to the dealer and its up to them to decide how much profit margin they go for. Someone told me that they basically work on about a $65 margin. I think its weird that Ford would allow us to buy from any dealer, but its a big benefit, and a real selling point for a Ford, in my opinion. Beware that the dealers don't like the product all that much, so many of them will try and sell you a cheesy third party policy instead. Get the ESP or go home.

I think the "Basic" coverage is a really good deal. It covers all the stuff that would keep you from getting to work, and if you buy the $50 deductible and skip the rental car, it costs about 715 dollars for 7yr, 100K coverage. Fully transferrable. Suppose after six years you want to sell your Ecoboost and you still have a year and 10 or 12K left of the warranty. Thats a hot commodity on the used car market. You get your money back, or nearly so.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:17 AM

Strange, ZIEGLER did not require me to wait for a email quote. think you got that mixed up with another online dealer. Ziegler takes you directly to the pricing screens to order, so does AndersonKoch.

Personally, I would get the PREMIUM (which I did). It covers the largest range of items (including electronics). AndersonKoch gave me the best price.

Originally Posted by peterhurcos
There are maybe four or five discounters active: Ziegler Ford, Troy Ford, Flood Ford and Anderson. I know that Troy and Flood list the various coverages on their web site, while Ziegler requires you to e-mail for a quote, which is a pain. Basically, Ford wholesales the coverage to the dealer and its up to them to decide how much profit margin they go for. Someone told me that they basically work on about a $65 margin. I think its weird that Ford would allow us to buy from any dealer, but its a big benefit, and a real selling point for a Ford, in my opinion. Beware that the dealers don't like the product all that much, so many of them will try and sell you a cheesy third party policy instead. Get the ESP or go home.

I think the "Basic" coverage is a really good deal. It covers all the stuff that would keep you from getting to work, and if you buy the $50 deductible and skip the rental car, it costs about 715 dollars for 7yr, 100K coverage. Fully transferrable. Suppose after six years you want to sell your Ecoboost and you still have a year and 10 or 12K left of the warranty. Thats a hot commodity on the used car market. You get your money back, or nearly so.
Old 06-04-2012, 01:37 PM
Five-0 Ret.

Received 674 Likes on 578 Posts

segan, I printed the quote page from Troy (for the Wifey's new car), and took it to my dealer. I ask him if he could match the quote, $985 for the 84/60,000 zero deductible premium care. He ask me if I would buy from him for $1040. I said what the heck, he's a good guy. And the dealership has been good to me over the years. So I did.

Last edited by Wanted33; 06-04-2012 at 01:39 PM.
Old 06-04-2012, 02:46 PM

Exclamation

I bet you paid sales tax on that $1040!!

That's one of the advantages of buying it as an internet purchase.. no sales tax.

Originally Posted by Wanted33
segan, I printed the quote page from Troy (for the Wifey's new car), and took it to my dealer. I ask him if he could match the quote, $985 for the 84/60,000 zero deductible premium care. He ask me if I would buy from him for $1040. I said what the heck, he's a good guy. And the dealership has been good to me over the years. So I did.

Quick Reply: question about ford ESP