Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem Saving Driver Assist Settings

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 09:20 AM

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Problem Saving Driver Assist Settings

I have a 2011 Lariat and I've been trying to turn the rear parking assist off. I go through the menu, turn it off, and hit ok. It stays off until I shut the truck off, and when I crank it again, it defaults to back to on. Anyone know what the deal is?

Is there anything I'm missing to make sure it "saves" the settings I want? I've also noticed the same issue with the trailer brake controller. I set it, shut the engine off, then when I crank it again, it's back to 10.0 instead of my last setting.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:57 AM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by graysonp
I have a 2011 Lariat and I've been trying to turn the rear parking assist off. I go through the menu, turn it off, and hit ok. It stays off until I shut the truck off, and when I crank it again, it defaults to back to on. Anyone know what the deal is?

Is there anything I'm missing to make sure it "saves" the settings I want? I've also noticed the same issue with the trailer brake controller. I set it, shut the engine off, then when I crank it again, it's back to 10.0 instead of my last setting.

The rear park assist is the one feature I know of that defaults back to on when the engine is restarted. It does the same thing in my 11 Lariat. I guess that this is a good thing b/c if tou are backing up, and you forgot that you disabled it, you may need a new bumper or worse. I usually do no shut it off unless I have my bike on the back so it is not a real issue with me. The brake controller is probably in the same field of needing to know. Imagine having it off with 3,000 lbs. behind you.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:10 AM

Makes sense, but I don't need the TBC to default to 10. It locks up the brakes on any trailer I own at 10. I hardly ever crank it over 5.

As for the rear parking assist, it drives me crazy. I back into spots when I part, so it beeps constantly when I'm backing into any spot with a wall/pole/vehicle back there. I wish I could get it to stay off. I can park myself just fine.

Is there at least a way to turn the volume down on the beeping?
Old 09-17-2012, 12:27 PM

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Is there at least a way to turn the volume down on the beeping?
You can turn it up or down with the buttons on the steering wheel. The volume setting saves. Turn it all the way down and it won't annoy you as much.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by BlueBoostedSCrew
You can turn it up or down with the buttons on the steering wheel. The volume setting saves. Turn it all the way down and it won't annoy you as much.
The volume button doesn't seem to do anything. It beeps when I push the volume up/down, but it doesn't actually change the volume?
Old 09-18-2012, 03:31 PM

Received 669 Likes on 459 Posts

Makes sense, but I don't need the TBC to default to 10. It locks up the brakes on any trailer I own at 10. I hardly ever crank it over 5.
Have you named your trailer when you set the TBC. It saved the settings when I did that.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by BCMIF150
Have you named your trailer when you set the TBC. It saved the settings when I did that.
Not yet, but that will probably solve that problem. I've only had the truck a week, so I keep overlooking some of the features like that.

Quick Reply: Problem Saving Driver Assist Settings