Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are Powerfold Tow mirrors available with memory?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2017, 09:12 PM

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Are Powerfold Tow mirrors available with memory?

So I've searched and read a ton of threads and I don't want to beat a dead horse, but I just can't find what I need. I have a 2013 SC FX4 and it has powerfold, heat, signal, memory, puddle options. I would like to add towing mirrors that have all those options with telescoping. I don't even really care if it has power telescope as long as it has power fold. I have tried 1A and AM auto and both said there is no mirror that has what I want. I think it might have something to do with the memory option?

Is my only option to go with OEM mirrors? I just can't stomach that cost........

Any help is appreciated.

Also, does anyone know if the power telescoping option is already in my harness? I have read some say it's just incorporated into a different powerfold/telescoping switch and read others say it's a totally separate switch.

Thanks in advance!

Also, can anyone tell me if these mirror P/N's are powerfold? I can't seem to find the info anywhere. Probably call the dealer tomorrow.

DL3J-17683-CD59AY - Drivers side
DL3J-17682-CD59AY - Passenger side

Last edited by Piranhaz; 09-11-2017 at 09:27 PM.
Old 09-11-2017, 11:55 PM

Received 2,101 Likes on 1,725 Posts

The only item 1A is missing (in the $500+ models) is the puddle lights. Is that really that important? I'm not familiar with the other brand.

The Ford ones you listed should be power folding and telescoping, although I'm not sure you will have wiring/switch for the telescoping. I think it was all the same mirror, just the wiring in the truck was different for various trim levels that didn't all have power-everything. These are $500 each instead of for a pair.
Old 09-12-2017, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Spiky
The only item 1A is missing (in the $500+ models) is the puddle lights. Is that really that important? I'm not familiar with the other brand.

The Ford ones you listed should be power folding and telescoping, although I'm not sure you will have wiring/switch for the telescoping. I think it was all the same mirror, just the wiring in the truck was different for various trim levels that didn't all have power-everything. These are $500 each instead of for a pair.
So I called the dealer today and they said those numbers aren't showing up? Another thing that is scaring me a little is that there is no powerfold icon on the mirror like mine have. Shouldn't it have that stenciled on the mirror? It only shows a defrost symbol.

I am looking at a used set so I am just going off of what the guy is telling me. I don't wanna drop the cash if they aren't even powerfolds.
Old 09-12-2017, 09:58 AM

Received 2,101 Likes on 1,725 Posts

The symbols are not all printed on every mirror. I'm not sure why they show some things on some and different things on others, but that isn't a very good way to identify anything. I think certain new ones show the BLIS and nothing else, for instance. But, that heat symbol would suggest they are the lower-end XL tow mirrors without power.

I don't know for sure, either. Sorry. Tasca lists both power and not power, but they all have 17683/2 in the middle of the number, it's the rest of the number that differentiates power.
Old 09-12-2017, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Spiky
The symbols are not all printed on every mirror. I'm not sure why they show some things on some and different things on others, but that isn't a very good way to identify anything. I think certain new ones show the BLIS and nothing else, for instance. But, that heat symbol would suggest they are the lower-end XL tow mirrors without power.

I don't know for sure, either. Sorry. Tasca lists both power and not power, but they all have 17683/2 in the middle of the number, it's the rest of the number that differentiates power.
I guess the only real way to know is to get the guys VIN #......
Old 09-20-2017, 02:11 PM

So I found a set of used tow mirrors off a 2011 Platinum. They supposedly have power fold, heated, blinker, etc.

Will these work on my 2013 (I have all the options on the standard mirrors)? If I am reading correctly they changed the style of the OEM mirror housing in 13?

Just wondering if these will plug right in without any issues?
Old 09-20-2017, 03:24 PM

Received 172 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Piranhaz
So I found a set of used tow mirrors off a 2011 Platinum. They supposedly have power fold, heated, blinker, etc.

Will these work on my 2013 (I have all the options on the standard mirrors)? If I am reading correctly they changed the style of the OEM mirror housing in 13?

Just wondering if these will plug right in without any issues?
Factory powerfold tow mirrors weren't available on the F150s until 2013. They have the same styling as the same generation SuperDuty mirrors, and as the aftermarket power fold tow mirrors. Also, the only factory powerfold tow mirrors for 13/14 F150s also have power telescope.

AFAIK, there is no power fold tow mirror for our trucks that has a true puddle light, not even OEM. The OEM powerfolds use one of the lights on the edge of the mirror as a puddle light. On a Super Duty, this light is a clearance light. It doesn't point at the ground an I would be surprised if there is any light thrown to the ground. Unless 1A Auto has changed their lights, they work the same way. I've seen conflicting reports about how the 1A Auto lights operate.
Old 09-20-2017, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by jp360cj
Factory powerfold tow mirrors weren't available on the F150s until 2013. They have the same styling as the same generation SuperDuty mirrors, and as the aftermarket power fold tow mirrors. Also, the only factory powerfold tow mirrors for 13/14 F150s also have power telescope.

AFAIK, there is no power fold tow mirror for our trucks that has a true puddle light, not even OEM. The OEM powerfolds use one of the lights on the edge of the mirror as a puddle light. On a Super Duty, this light is a clearance light. It doesn't point at the ground an I would be surprised if there is any light thrown to the ground. Unless 1A Auto has changed their lights, they work the same way. I've seen conflicting reports about how the 1A Auto lights operate.
Well now I'm confused because I had my mechanic run the vin from the truck they were on and he said they were powerfold tow mirrors with all the options except power telescoping. Didn't mention anything about puddle light, but had heated mirrors, blinker, power mirror and powerfold.
Old 09-21-2017, 11:37 AM

So the guy went back and talked to PO and they are not power fold. Thanks for posting, saved me an hour and a half drive.

I might just get the aftermarket ones and be done.
Old 09-21-2017, 12:25 PM

Received 172 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Piranhaz
So the guy went back and talked to PO and they are not power fold. Thanks for posting, saved me an hour and a half drive.

I might just get the aftermarket ones and be done.
Unless you want to power telescope or just really want OEM mirrors for the sake of having OEM mirrors, and don't mind paying $1k or more, then no reason not to go aftermarket. Other than being manual telescope, they will have the same functionality of the OEM mirrors.