Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power window wiring diagram?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2019, 07:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power window wiring diagram?

Does anyone have a power window wiring diagram? Or does anyone know which of the five wires to jump to check if the motor is bad? Front right window, F150 supercab. The switch is different than the back window, so I can't swap them. I used to jump the 2-wire motors all the time but I don't know about these with five.
Old 09-12-2019, 09:41 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

What year model?
Old 09-12-2019, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by RLXXI
What year model?
2014 F150 supercab
Old 09-12-2019, 09:54 PM

You don't want to be jumping wires on these new systems. You could fry the BCM. Check your fuses 1st. There's a couple of them in the BCM that can cause window failure. Here's a diagram.

The following users liked this post:
rmessner (09-14-2019)
Old 09-12-2019, 10:21 PM

Received 2,527 Likes on 1,951 Posts

Lightbulb

Rather than playing 20 questions ...

HINT/TIP: Put your -COMPLETE- vehicle information (year, model, cab, trim, engine, wheelbase, _x4 drive, mileage, modifications, etc., etc.) in your signature -OR- provide it in your posting(s).
Old 09-13-2019, 08:01 AM

Thanks, a little background. This is my sons truck. His right front window would not go up while at college last week so he switched trucks with me and I have his truck in my garage now. I was an autobody guy back in the 80's and 90's. We had these problems all the time and the way to check if it's the switch or motor was to use a tester at the motor plug harness. If the switch is bad...jump the window back to the up position and send the guy home until the new switch comes in.

With this multi-wire plug, I don't know where to test for current to see if it's the switch, motor, or the wires somewhere in the harness(jamb boot usually). This diagram should help. I thought if I knew where to jump the motor, I could at least roll up the window for now. I would never jump the motor with the harness plugged in though so unless the BCM is inside the window motor, no chance of burning that out. Right now, I have the regulator out of the truck and on my work bench. Knowing if and where to jump the motor to test it would be nice. Or, knowing which wires on the harness plug to test for current while operating the switch would be helpful. Or, knowing which wires coming through the door jamb boot bring power to that window regulator would be helpful.

This diagram is a good start. After work today I will get started testing. If you guys have any more helpful diagrams, that would be swell, Thanks
Old 09-13-2019, 05:22 PM

I found part of the problem. there's no juice in that Blue/Red hot wire from the BCM. This is the only window not working. I'm trying to work my way backwards along that wire. Does that white plug pull out of the A pillar?
Old 09-13-2019, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by rmessner
I found part of the problem. there's no juice in that Blue/Red hot wire from the BCM. This is the only window not working. I'm trying to work my way backwards along that wire. Does that white plug pull out of the A pillar?
Look at the diagram again, that blue/red wire is powered by a fuse in the BCM, (passenger side kick panel under dash). I'd bet $$ it's blown or missing.

Click the pic twice to blow it up, that wire should be hot at all times.
Old 09-14-2019, 09:17 AM

I finally got the white wire plug apart and found a corroded pin connection. When I tried carefully to clean it off, it broke. Now my project is to try to remove that wire junction box from the inside of the truck so I can try to replace that pin. I'm way too old for laying under dashes anymore. There IS power to that broken pin, so the fuses must be fine.

It looks like I'll have to remove the fuse block to access the wire plug . Anyone know if I'll get into any trouble by removing that fuse panel? I don't want to deploy the air bags or anything weird like that.

Last edited by rmessner; 09-14-2019 at 09:20 AM.
Old 09-14-2019, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by rmessner
I finally got the white wire plug apart and found a corroded pin connection. When I tried carefully to clean it off, it broke. Now my project is to try to remove that wire junction box from the inside of the truck so I can try to replace that pin. I'm way too old for laying under dashes anymore. There IS power to that broken pin, so the fuses must be fine.

It looks like I'll have to remove the fuse block to access the wire plug . Anyone know if I'll get into any trouble by removing that fuse panel? I don't want to deploy the air bags or anything weird like that.
Disconnect the battery (-) ground cable first. Then turn the ignition key and headlights on to disperse any stray voltage then have at it. You can get replacement connector pins for re-soldering at https://www.digikey.com/en/resources...ctors/contacts Ford uses mostly Molex style contacts but there's a ton of different ones so you'll have to eyeball the intact ones closely for the best match.

Only other way to repair it is replacement of the harness and that ain't cheap by any stretch of imagination.

Quick Reply: Power window wiring diagram?