Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Loss or Slipping and Blinking ODO/Gear information in dash

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 05:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Power Loss or Slipping and Blinking ODO/Gear information in dash

I've had the Dealership look into this situation multiple times (thank god for extended warranty).

I just recently had my Rear Diff Replaced at 135000km (extended warranty) because I took my truck in for servicing and was informed that my diff fluid was silver and I had shavings galore. Prior to replacement and on occasion while climbing steep segments of road my dash display ODO and gear indicator would begin to blink rapidly followed by complete loss of power (the menu features don't blink).

New diff and the problem went away until yesterday (137500km). I merged onto the highway from a stop and there was a distinct ~CLUNK~ from 3rd to 4th gear. I continued for 2 minutes and chose tried to accelerate past a Semi-truck and the problem happened again, I lost power, dash ODO and gear indicator blinking and I almost got rear-ended by another vehicle wishing to pass the semi.

Any ideas what may be causing this issue?
Maintenance is completed every 8-10k (almost monthly with how much I drive). I've had the new diff for 2 weeks.
Old 09-06-2014, 09:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No one eh?
Old 09-07-2014, 07:45 PM
Pete

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts

I'm reading, JL, but cannot help at all....hope the dealer can fix you up on this problem...sounds bad !!!
Good Luck...U are Irish...you will be lucky!

Quick Reply: Power Loss or Slipping and Blinking ODO/Gear information in dash