the Platinum club - Page 122 - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Which engine did you get to power your Platinum?
5.4 V8
17.44%
5.0 V8
22.38%
3.5 Ecoboost V6
52.22%
6.2 V8
7.96%
Voters: 1193. You may not vote on this poll

the Platinum club

Reply

 
 
 
Old 04-24-2013, 08:06 PM
  #1211  
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: NC
Posts: 37
Thanked 26 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Ye, but thats what i was saying. I dont want it to busy with the Platinum badge and the 4x4 sticker, i'll be able to make up my mind after a few days of seeing it i think.

The fact that the truck is white, makes the chrome hard to even see in the daytime, so it might not be to busy as it would look on a red/black truck.

Anybody else opinion is welcome - Take the 4x4 sticker off, or keep it?
Alt255 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:17 PM
  #1212  
Senior Member
 
jmoore9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 741
Thanked 69 Times in 65 Posts
Default

Take the 4x4 off. If you want plastidip the letters black to make them stand out
jmoore9 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:21 PM
  #1213  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 494
Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by rodlg35 View Post

35x12.5 Toyo AT2 Extremes 43PSI. Truck wheels are stock. Eco boost handles the weight of them like there not even changed. Tuner prob saved me on that. But I think the new Toyo's AT2 are great tires. Just a tad bit more noise on the roads, but I like them. Thanks for the complement.
Very nice. Thanks for the info. What do you get for mileage going 75-80mph?
paulson7433 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to paulson7433 For This Useful Post:
rodlg35 (04-24-2013)
Old 04-24-2013, 08:29 PM
  #1214  
Senior Member 13 Platinum
 
rodlg35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 176
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by paulson7433 View Post
Very nice. Thanks for the info. What do you get for mileage going 75-80mph?
With my setup and tuner I avg around 16.8. Not to bad for the size of the tires. With the tuner the truck is faster than stock even with the larger tires. But before the tires i was around 19mpg.
rodlg35 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:29 PM
  #1215  
Senior Member
 
fooseF150's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: whitecourt, Alberta
Posts: 429
Thanked 38 Times in 32 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Alt255 View Post
Ye, but thats what i was saying. I dont want it to busy with the Platinum badge and the 4x4 sticker, i'll be able to make up my mind after a few days of seeing it i think.

The fact that the truck is white, makes the chrome hard to even see in the daytime, so it might not be to busy as it would look on a red/black truck.

Anybody else opinion is welcome - Take the 4x4 sticker off, or keep it?
If you want to see what it will look like without the 4x4 stickers, look at the pics of my truck on my build thread.
fooseF150 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:35 PM
  #1216  
Senior Member 13 Platinum
 
rodlg35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 176
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by fooseF150 View Post
If you want to see what it will look like without the 4x4 stickers, look at the pics of my truck on my build thread.
looks good..thank God you got rid of the orange reflectors on the mirrors. I do like showing the 4x4 though but to each their own.
rodlg35 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:37 PM
  #1217  
Senior Member 13 Platinum
 
rodlg35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 176
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by rodlg35 View Post
looks good..thank God you got rid of the orange reflectors on the mirrors. I do like showing the 4x4 though but to each their own.
maybe it because i lifted her to do off roading.
rodlg35 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:42 PM
  #1218  
Senior Member 13 Platinum
 
rodlg35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 176
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by rodlg35 View Post
With my setup and tuner I avg around 16.8. Not to bad for the size of the tires. With the tuner the truck is faster than stock even with the larger tires. But before the tires i was around 19mpg.
YOU PAY to PLAY...
rodlg35 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:51 PM
  #1219  
Senior Member
 
jmoore9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 741
Thanked 69 Times in 65 Posts
Default

Miles per gallon are for hoarders.
jmoore9 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:01 PM
  #1220  
Senior Member 13 Platinum
 
rodlg35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 176
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by jmoore9 View Post
Miles per gallon are for hoarders.
LOL
rodlg35 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: the Platinum club


Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: