Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Plasti Dipped 2010 F-150 SCrewCab

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2016, 11:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plasti Dipped 2010 F-150 SCrewCab

Hey guys so I plastidipped all the chrome pieces on my 2010 XTR 4x4 5.4L and wanted your guys opinion on it. I think the grill over does it but tell me what you guys think.

Also I'm gonna order fx4 tail lights cause one is cracked and wanted to know some good smoked headlights. In the summer im gonna lift it around 4 inches and get 35's on 18's any advice or tips??? or recomendations

Pics

Old 04-03-2016, 11:51 PM
for fastening fabric

Received 152 Likes on 117 Posts

looks like an XL now.
Old 04-03-2016, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by safetypin
looks like an XL now.
Thats exactly what I was thinking, I just dont like the chrome tho.
Old 04-04-2016, 01:18 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Bumpers look good. Tailgate emblem looks cheesy IMO. Grill looks good too. Eventually I want to get my chrome grill surrounding piece PTM. Nice Learners magnet by the way
Old 04-04-2016, 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by Jmpell
Bumpers look good. Tailgate emblem looks cheesy IMO. Grill looks good too. Eventually I want to get my chrome grill surrounding piece PTM. Nice Learners magnet by the way
Im thinking of removing the dip off the front emblem and rear. Sorry but whats PTM? and thanks I get it ugpraded to an N tmrw haha
Old 04-04-2016, 03:10 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Zehno
Im thinking of removing the dip off the front emblem and rear. Sorry but whats PTM? and thanks I get it ugpraded to an N tmrw haha
PTM = Paint To Match...
Old 04-04-2016, 09:54 AM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Looks good to me.

I have a 2012 XLT Sterling Grey and I want to get rid of the chrome bumpers too. I already have the black XL grill on. If you want to paint match, the Anthracite True Metallic Plasti-Dip color is a close match for the Sterling Grey. You also need to apply the Glossifier to get rid of the matte/rubbery finish look.
Old 04-04-2016, 10:42 AM
OG

Received 243 Likes on 194 Posts

If you're going to do this, there's a lot of things I would have done differently:

1: Glossifier, use it. Right now it looks like ****ty XL trim, glossifier gives it enough shine to look semi-paintish
2: They make plastidip in more than one color. There's an anthracite grey that is very similar to your paint, would have at least done the bumpers and grill surround with it.
3: Plastidipped badges are OK, but plastidipped emblems just look bad IMO
4: Spend a little extra and get something like AutoDip to finish it off. It will end up looking vinyl wrapped since it's vinyl based and glossy.

Personally, i would wipe the plastidip down and spray anthracite grey over this black (black base is needed for that anyway) and then finish it off with at least 2 layers of glossifier. Might not be a perfect match, but will loook a LOT better than this.
Old 04-04-2016, 11:30 AM

Received 310 Likes on 249 Posts

Originally Posted by cmbezln
If you're going to do this, there's a lot of things I would have done differently:

1: Glossifier, use it. Right now it looks like ****ty XL trim, glossifier gives it enough shine to look semi-paintish
2: They make plastidip in more than one color. There's an anthracite grey that is very similar to your paint, would have at least done the bumpers and grill surround with it.
3: Plastidipped badges are OK, but plastidipped emblems just look bad IMO
4: Spend a little extra and get something like AutoDip to finish it off. It will end up looking vinyl wrapped since it's vinyl based and glossy.

Personally, i would wipe the plastidip down and spray anthracite grey over this black (black base is needed for that anyway) and then finish it off with at least 2 layers of glossifier. Might not be a perfect match, but will loook a LOT better than this.
Agreed, good advice.
Old 04-04-2016, 10:16 PM

Received 63 Likes on 47 Posts

I've did my rear bumper with 5 coats of black. Still have to do front bumper. But those are all I'm dipping prior to selling it. My theme has always been "black and blue".

While I like the looks of your bumpers..not really feeling the grill and Ford emblems. But it is your truck. Painted bumpers are about the lamest thing since they get rock chips and then start to rust(bad idea).

Quick Reply: Plasti Dipped 2010 F-150 SCrewCab