Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordering from Factory - How does it work?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 11:55 AM

Received 67 Likes on 42 Posts

Default Ordering from Factory - How does it work?

Once the EcoBoost engines come out, I'm planning to use my x-plan to order a 2011 Screw Lariat.

This will be my first brand new vehicle and my first time ordering to my specifications. How does it work with payment? Is their a fixed deposit to pay when ordering from the factory? Or would I not make any payment until it is delivered to the dealership?
Old 12-20-2010, 12:14 PM

Received 251 Likes on 137 Posts

I always thought x-plans were for current inventory.
Old 12-20-2010, 12:43 PM

Received 119 Likes on 64 Posts

You order the truck from your dealer, and pay him a deposit. The amount is what the two of you agree to, at least that has been my experience with all of the factory vehicles I've ordered.

Then when your truck gets in, you pay the balance or arrange financing with the dealer.
Old 12-20-2010, 01:42 PM

Received 67 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Abn150
You order the truck from your dealer, and pay him a deposit. The amount is what the two of you agree to, at least that has been my experience with all of the factory vehicles I've ordered.

Then when your truck gets in, you pay the balance or arrange financing with the dealer.
Thanks! In your experience, what have your deposits looked like? Are we talking $1k, $5k?
Old 12-20-2010, 02:16 PM

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

X-Plan can be used on current dealer inventory, or you can use it to order a vehicle.

I ordered a 2011 F150, using the X-Plan, at the end of October and put down a $500 deposit with my dealer (truck was built last Thursday and is not "in transit"). My dealer told me that any incentives/rebates are not applied until the truck is delivered.
Old 12-20-2010, 03:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jmmec
X-Plan can be used on current dealer inventory, or you can use it to order a vehicle.

I ordered a 2011 F150, using the X-Plan, at the end of October and put down a $500 deposit with my dealer (truck was built last Thursday and is not "in transit"). My dealer told me that any incentives/rebates are not applied until the truck is delivered.

+1 ... Correct...!!

Ordered my FX4 in early Dec... using the X-Plan... no deposit needed as the guy I ordered it from is in my Car Club.. Mine is scheduled to be built Jan 3rd... just in time for people to be hung over from the new years and happy as hell to be back to work... Lovely..!

Just an FYI... my buddy told me that a rule of thumb... within 14 day's after the build date the trucks are required to be at the dealerships...

What did you order...?
Old 12-20-2010, 03:58 PM

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

I meant to write that my truck is "now" in transit. I'll call my dealer back on Thursday to see if they have an ETA.

I couldn't justify the $$$$ for FX4, so came as close as I could:
  • SuperCrew XLT with 5.0L
  • 4x4 with 3.73 e-locker and skid plates
  • Cloth Bucket Seats (I'll order Wet Okole covers for them)
  • Tow Package
  • XLT Convenience & Plus Packages
  • Backup Camera
  • Keyless Entry
I hate the look of 20" wheels, and especially chrome, so I didn't get the chrome package. My truck will come with 17" (P265/70R17) tires. I'm going to swap the 1-year old Toyo OpenCountry A/T (LT265/70R17) that I have on my Expedition to the F150.

The other benefit is that I have 4 winter tire chains that I seem to use 4-5 times a year, even with 4x4. The Ford owner's manual doesn't restrict tire chains on my 17" tires. Also 17" tires are cheaper than larger sizes.
Old 12-20-2010, 04:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jmmec
I meant to write that my truck is "now" in transit. I'll call my dealer back on Thursday to see if they have an ETA.

I couldn't justify the $$$$ for FX4, so came as close as I could:
  • SuperCrew XLT with 5.0L
  • 4x4 with 3.73 e-locker and skid plates
  • Cloth Bucket Seats (I'll order Wet Okole covers for them)
  • Tow Package
  • XLT Convenience & Plus Packages
  • Backup Camera
  • Keyless Entry
I hate the look of 20" wheels, and especially chrome, so I didn't get the chrome package. My truck will come with 17" (P265/70R17) tires. I'm going to swap the 1-year old Toyo OpenCountry A/T (LT265/70R17) that I have on my Expedition to the F150.

The other benefit is that I have 4 winter tire chains that I seem to use 4-5 times a year, even with 4x4. The Ford owner's manual doesn't restrict tire chains on my 17" tires. Also 17" tires are cheaper than larger sizes.

Did they come back with an ETA...? and post up as soon as you get it... What are some of the Mods you intend to do with it..?
Old 12-20-2010, 04:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered my truck from the factory...didn't have to pay a deposit. i think it varies from dealership to dealership.
Old 12-20-2010, 06:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Depends on the dealership.If it is something that will sell easy most will not ask for deposit.I once had a dealer I had bought several off of if they could order a new truck in my name and not take it when it comes in.Seems they had a dealer stock allotment but special orders did not count.It gave then another for their inventory.

Quick Reply: Ordering from Factory - How does it work?