Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinion wanted on LED placement

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2017, 02:13 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Opinion wanted on LED placement

Looking for some opinions. I had a set of LED's mounted behind the grill, but I have been toying with the idea of mounting them in the grill. Obviously the output will be greater with the lights mounted further out.

Also I have been thinking about mounting this LED bar to my Back rack. I was thinking these 2 options. The first one does block some of my view from the mirror, but not that bad.

The other photo has the light below the top bar because I do haul a kayak when we go camping, so if I ever do have to use the ladder rack it won't interfere.

Thoughts, or opinions
Old 06-04-2017, 01:01 PM

Received 113 Likes on 88 Posts

My thoughts:
Front: I do like them higher up... but behind the grill. I would have to see the performance difference before I'd suggest in front of the grill.

Back: While I think it blends a bit better in the lower position... you clearly lose visibility out the rear glass. I think the higher position would be best.
Old 06-04-2017, 01:09 PM

Received 119 Likes on 110 Posts

use a bracket and have the back level or lower then the top bar. agree on the front outside of the grill. it looks nice.
Old 06-04-2017, 03:37 PM

I have seen tons of people doing the behind the grill, but none like this on the outside. I did a quick check last night in my driveway, it was pretty good but I couldn't tell would it would look line on the road (kids sleeping and couldn't leave)

I like the lever idea. I will have to ponder it a bit.... Thanks.
Old 06-23-2017, 12:04 AM

I decided I liked them outside the grill.

I had to clearance the grill to make it fit. I broke the drivers side, but the passenger came out fine.

This is just the Rigids. I have since adjusted them lower and out to pick up the ditches.

Rigids and high beams.