Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinion - 4WP for Wheels/Tires?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 06:33 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Opinion - 4WP for Wheels/Tires?

Howdy all - rookie FX4 owner; had an 01 F-150 a few years back that I beat on for a winter, and recetly, had a 2012 JK Wrangler that I modded the heck out of for offroad driving - BUT - ended up hating to drive on-road - so I got rid of it.

Had I stayed a single bachelor kinda guy - probably would've kept the Jeep, but, I've been with a smoking hot & totally cool girl for the past 9 months who's got a few kids - and the 2013 F-150 FX4 SCrew is much more practical...so - with that said...

I've been reading posts on this forum & on the net for the past week. I now have the FX4 Ecoboost with the 402a package, 5 1/2 foot bed, NAV, and all that other goodness. Tuxedo black. It came with the 20" rims & Pirelli tires - which I do not like the look of AT ALL.

I'm going to pick up some Duratracs and pretty sure new wheels. Tires for the 20" stockers are darn near the same cost as a new set of 18's and tires!

In my area - we have a 4 Wheel Parts store & I'm debating whether or not I should go through them to get the first batch of things done.

I "think" the combination I want to get are XD Addicts 18x9 and 295/65/18 Duratracs. Does this sound right? Yes, I'll be leveling out the front - not sure which kit yet.

I'm thinking it's probably cheaper that I buy things online, have'em shipped to my house & have a shop put them on.

Sound about right? or do folks think I can probably get a decent price by just sticking with 4WP?

If I order myself, do I have the right info above for a wheel & tire order? I've looked at the tire guides & what not - but still not perfectly clear and want to be sure I oder the correct items the first time if I go that route...

Oh - and should I be able to use my existing TPMS sensors or will I have to buy new ones with these wheels?

Thanks - and will get some pics up as I progress with things

Last edited by sknyfats; 10-15-2012 at 06:46 PM.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:29 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Ugh - the more I read on these forums, the more I don't know what I want to do!

Now I'm wanting to avoid an E rated tire, to insure I don't find myself bumping and having a rough ride like the Jeep did with trail grapplers.

Anyone have any suggestions on an 18" tire & size that:

-will fill the wheel well (plenty of sidewall)
-looks at least a little aggressive / good with the Addict rim
-has good wet/snow capabilities

I will rarely tow; I'll barely ever get offroad. This will do lots of highway and plenty of city (potholes) driving...
Old 10-16-2012, 08:49 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I've got 265x75x17 6 ply duratracs on my SCrew and I love them. They have a nice ride and good traction. The only time I hear road noise is if I coast to a stop sign with the windows down and my radio off haha. As for snow traction I'm not to sure since I live in NE Mississippi but shop around and do a lot of research to find the best prices.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:52 PM

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

I'm sure if you look around you can find a tire that is not E rated. I put the stock size 275/65/18 on 18x9 wheels with a12 offset and the truck looks very good. I think it would look even better with a little level on it but I have a garage that is under the house and I may hit the opener if I level so I left it stock. I know in this tire size Nitto terra grapplers have a tire that is not e rated. I use my local discount tire they are very helpful. I now need flares because of the rim width and the offset

Quick Reply: Opinion - 4WP for Wheels/Tires?