Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opened headlights

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2016, 05:51 PM
Triton

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Default Opened headlights

So my plan was to retrofit a set of headlights but I'm kinda torn. Idk if I can manage cutting the buckets up and being able to successfully mount a set of projectors in them. I'm thinking of selling a couple sets of lights. One I've opened and painted the bezel black and primed the bucket. The other is just an extra set of oem halogens. I've sold a set of halogens before but what do you guys think is a fair price for the opened and painted set. All the pieces are in great condition just needs to have a projector added to it.
Attached Thumbnails Opened headlights-image-3977671219.jpg  
Old 08-26-2016, 08:16 PM

Received 141 Likes on 135 Posts

You're this far into it, use a Mini H1 projector and you'll have little to no modifications to make to the reflector.
Old 08-26-2016, 08:48 PM
Triton

Originally Posted by paintballdude05
You're this far into it, use a Mini H1 projector and you'll have little to no modifications to make to the reflector.
True but once started I'd have to add all sorts of fancy lights to it. That's just me. Lights are my thing. I just like the look of the projector housings and would rather have those than the halogens I have.
Old 08-26-2016, 09:17 PM
2014 fx4 5.0

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by paintballdude05
I agree. It looks like the hard part is done. I've been researching this a lot! I like the OEM projectors, but they're just not worth the money.
I'm going to attempt this in the near future.
Check eBay. The OEM halogen assemblies aren't that expensive.

Here's what I'd do- finish the retrofit and if you don't like it, sell them.
Old 08-26-2016, 09:50 PM
Triton

Originally Posted by Hollie J. McCaleb
I agree. It looks like the hard part is done. I've been researching this a lot! I like the OEM projectors, but they're just not worth the money. I'm going to attempt this in the near future. Check eBay. The OEM halogen assemblies aren't that expensive. Here's what I'd do- finish the retrofit and if you don't like it, sell them.
Yeah it got three sets of halogen assemblies. One opened, fx's on the truck and another fully assembled. I'll prolly sell the extra, finish the build and keep the fx's for backup. I wish you could just buy the internals of the headlamps.
Old 08-26-2016, 09:55 PM
2014 fx4 5.0

How much would you sell the unopened set for?
In case I jack mine up when I retrofit them. Haha
Old 08-26-2016, 10:55 PM
Triton

Well I just ordered all the components for the build after selling a bunch of parts I no longer needed so I'm gonna try this out. I'd sell the unopened set for $100 plus shipping if you want them. I've put them on Craigslist already this afternoon and posted on Facebook. Just keep me posted and I'll let you know if they sell or not
Old 08-27-2016, 12:11 AM
2014 fx4 5.0

Originally Posted by WHITE TRITON
Well I just ordered all the components for the build after selling a bunch of parts I no longer needed so I'm gonna try this out. I'd sell the unopened set for $100 plus shipping if you want them. I've put them on Craigslist already this afternoon and posted on Facebook. Just keep me posted and I'll let you know if they sell or not
Can you post a pic of them?

Quick Reply: Opened headlights