Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which ones are the most convenient for kids?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 10:06 AM
F150 Site Sponsor

Received 360 Likes on 356 Posts
Default Which ones are the most convenient for kids?

Folks!

Westin, Iron Cross, Dee Zee and Go Rhino released stylized stainless steel and black powder coated carbon steel nerf bars and side steps for Ford F 150.

Most of the nerf bars come with little step pads on them. While, these HD steps and oval side steps come equipped with aluminum anti-slip tread plates and tough rubber pads for better grip. Which ones are the most convenient for kids?

Check out them all and see what you think: http://www.carid.com/ford-f-150-running-boards/

Dee Zee® - 6" Oval Nerf Bars

Westin® - 4" GenX Oval Tube Nerf Step Bars

Iron Cross® - Textured Black HD Steps

Go Rhino® - 4" Dominator D4 Series Dual-Step 1-Piece Oval Side Steps

Find other accessories for your Ford at CARiD.com: http://www.carid.com/ford-f-150-accessories/

Last edited by carid; 07-28-2014 at 10:14 AM.
Old 07-28-2014, 10:13 AM

Received 570 Likes on 473 Posts

Not sure about which is most convenient, but the Iron Cross step being closed in does prevent small feet from slipping through and incurring injury. Just a thought when considering if kids are the reason.
Old 07-28-2014, 12:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had a few different kinds of nerf bars on different trucks and I have 3 toddlers.
They all have pros and cons - the higher metal ridges keep them from slipping but my daughter puts her knees up on the bar to climb in and always ends up with diamond shaped scrapes and her sunday dresses get caught up in them. I like them though because I don't slip on them.

The plastic/rubber plate ones worked better for my kids but if I had any mud, oil, or water on my boots I'd go to climb in and end up with both feet in the air lying on my back - I'm not even exaggerating.

Rhino's look coolest to me.
Old 07-29-2014, 03:32 AM
F150 Site Sponsor

@ Jermsy

These textured black steps by Iron Cross work great when your work boots are muddy and you won't fall down.

However, as I had understood steps by Go Rhino are not as good for kids as the ones manufactured by Iron Cross, correct? Well, the Dominator series steps come equipped with dual step surface. Isn't this fact make them more aiding for kids? Go Rhino side steps look really nice indeed. They are both functional and stylish.
Old 01-15-2016, 06:24 AM
F150 Site Sponsor

Westin has everything for your truck needs, whether its extra protection, increased functionality or style upgrade you're looking for. Nerf bars, bull bars, grille guards, running boards, tool boxes, headache racks and much more – Westin has you covered from all the sides!

Find Westin products for your truck here: http://www.carid.com/westin-automotive/

If you wanted to make your truck look different with a qualifying Westin products, the best moment came. SAVE up to 50% OFF the original price on all Westin products. Don't miss your chance to participate in this promotion! Prices are already reduced. This offer is valid through January 31, 2016.

Quick Reply: Which ones are the most convenient for kids?