Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

One more console swap question

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2013, 11:55 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default One more console swap question

I found someone on craigslist who wants to swap their console for my jumpseat. I did some research on here about the swap and it seems pretty much straightforward except the mounting bolts. Here is my question that I could not find the answer to:

CAN I SWAP THE MOUNTING BRACKET BETWEEN OUR TRUCKS AND NOT HAVE TO DRILL HOLES?

We will have both there and both brackets if necessary could be switched. If I have to drill holes, thats fine, just trying to make this as easy as possible. Thanks!
Old 12-29-2013, 12:24 PM

Received 222 Likes on 178 Posts

Good question and no for sure answer! If I can remember the bolts for the mount are pretty hard to get out as they are under the carpet. so if you both take out your seats and the carpet then I would say yes, go for it, but finding two people willing to do all that work to save drilling (in your case) two holes is the issue.
Old 12-29-2013, 12:39 PM

Received 1,523 Likes on 1,203 Posts

Originally Posted by lhsnbsaoa
I found someone on craigslist who wants to swap their console for my jumpseat. I did some research on here about the swap and it seems pretty much straightforward except the mounting bolts. Here is my question that I could not find the answer to: CAN I SWAP THE MOUNTING BRACKET BETWEEN OUR TRUCKS AND NOT HAVE TO DRILL HOLES? We will have both there and both brackets if necessary could be switched. If I have to drill holes, thats fine, just trying to make this as easy as possible. Thanks!
It's an aluminum bracket and pretty easy to drill. I was fortunate that in 2010 the holes were there for both already to I just ran some self tappers in there and it's been secure ever since.

Most just take the seats out, it's simple enough.

As to your question, I do believe you can swap brackets.
Old 12-29-2013, 01:42 PM
One Clean Machine

Received 1,614 Likes on 1,350 Posts

Yes you can swap Brackets, but its as Easy to just drill new holes in yours! Good luck

Quick Reply: One more console swap question