Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

That one Chevy or Dodge Guy experience.

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 11:13 AM

Received 79 Likes on 68 Posts

Default That one Chevy or Dodge Guy experience.

So I've had some funny encounters with some Chevy guys, saying constantly that our trucks are POS, and that they are built terrible, slow, and every other negative thing you can say. My one friend even, former FORD RANGER owner, who loved it and said it was the best car ever, now has a Chevy and talks sh*t. Whats up with these bow tie owners and the way they run their mouth? He talks crap after his truck destroys a cat and he blames bad gas.

So anyone have any funny stories with these guys?
Old 04-16-2013, 11:31 AM
0.9% is for suckers!

Received 172 Likes on 122 Posts

Ive seen similar posts on Chevy Forums:

""So I've had some funny encounters with some Ford guys, saying constantly that our trucks are POS, and that they are built terrible, slow, and every other negative thing you can say. My one friend even, former CHEVY TRAILBLAZER owner, who loved it and said it was the best car ever, now has a FORD and talks sh*t. Whats up with these blue oval owners and the way they run their mouth? He talks crap after his truck destroys a cat and he blames bad gas.""

Last edited by HoustonRider; 04-16-2013 at 11:44 AM.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:38 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HoustonRider
Ive seen similar posts on Chevy Forums:

So I've had some funny encounters with some Ford guys, saying constantly that our trucks are POS, and that they are built terrible, slow, and every other negative thing you can say. My one friend even, former CHEVY TRAILBLAZER owner, who loved it and said it was the best car ever, now has a FORD and talks sh*t. Whats up with these blue oval owners and the way they run their mouth? He talks crap after his truck destroys a cat and he blames bad gas.
exactly. i have no brand loyalty for trcuks. well, err, ahh, at least between ford, chevy, and dodge, lol.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:41 AM

Received 240 Likes on 178 Posts

These truck wars are so simliar to bass boat wars, you see the same arguments in bass forums, ranger,skeeter,basscat,triton,champion,legend and so on..In America, we work to make money and spend it. We all want to make a smart purchase on any product we buy but as the price tag goes up its even more imperative to make a educated decision. We all know FORD builds a more solid,safe,basic truck. Many want there Chevy,Ram,Toyota purchase to be a smarter choice. The 1 thing thats certain no matter what brand you buy, they all have reliable trucks and they all have lemons. Its the American way!!
Old 04-16-2013, 12:46 PM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

I hate to be the bearer of bad news here, but it doesn't matter what brand you go with. There will always be good and bad ones in EVERY brand. This not only goes for vehicles, but for pretty much everything else in life.

I've had 3 Toyota's that have served me well. That doesn't mean that if I were to get another one it wouldn't just fall apart. At some point, you have to come to your senses and realize the facts. Most of the ****talkers are just that. Most of them are young, and most of them are stupid.
The following 2 users liked this post by MRTackleInc:
Half_ton (04-16-2013), Magnus1350 (04-17-2013)
Old 04-16-2013, 01:07 PM
Senior Member/Vietnam Vet

Received 539 Likes on 369 Posts

It was that way before forums even existed. In the 80s, I had a Karman Ghia with dual carbs, exhaust and high-lift rocker arms. A Chevy truck pulled up next to me at a light with a V8 rumble. The two guys inside honked and then pointed at me, laughed and gave me the finger. When they finally arrived at the next light, they just gave me the finger, but they weren't laughing.
The following users liked this post:
canddmeyer (04-17-2013)
Old 04-16-2013, 02:17 PM

Received 73 Likes on 57 Posts

RAM dude told me there was no way a V6 was ever going to be faster than his V8. Showed him the stats and he said, "Ford is lying, everyone does it."

and I said, "Even Dodge?"

and he said, "No, they follow industry standards for measuring torque and HP and are the only company to report real numbers."

smh
Old 04-16-2013, 02:55 PM

Received 79 Likes on 68 Posts

In not taking any sides, there all good, reliable trucks in their own way.
Old 04-16-2013, 03:11 PM
I'm not Charlie

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by schizbomb
RAM dude told me there was no way a V6 was ever going to be faster than his V8. Showed him the stats and he said, "Ford is lying, everyone does it."

and I said, "Even Dodge?"

and he said, "No, they follow industry standards for measuring torque and HP and are the only company to report real numbers."

smh
Put the trucks on a track and run them yourselves...best way to at least make them pause before the next slam.

Got a Chevy friend that is always trying to slam my Ford. Problem is, once I am in my truck on the road...he has to text me because I can't read his lips from the rearview.
Old 04-16-2013, 03:18 PM

Received 162 Likes on 134 Posts

Uh, the BEST truck is the one I'm driving now!! Now y'all play nice.

Quick Reply: That one Chevy or Dodge Guy experience.