Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OH NO! My engine puking oil up close to a turbo!

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2015, 02:36 PM

Received 69 Likes on 59 Posts

Default OH NO! My engine puking oil up close to a turbo!

I had the oil changed a few weeks ago after a week I noticed oil on garage floor. At first thought it was a few small drips from residual oil from the oil change took it back to lube joint and they cleaned and wiped and check filter etc everything was OK. After a few days I was getting a lot more oil on garage floor. Went back to lube place a few hours ago and it looks like leaking from the turbo area on driver side. I am down about a half quart in 2 weeks. Called dealer and it will be going in Monday morning good news still under factory warranty in that I have 33,000 miles.

Any ideas on problem? I hope it's nothing major in that I almost traded a month ago but decided to drive this truck for the long haul.
Old 12-19-2015, 02:43 PM

Received 168 Likes on 156 Posts

Sounds like maybe they didn't get the filter tight. Have you checked it?
Old 12-19-2015, 02:49 PM
OG

Received 243 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by burt.trans
I had the oil changed a few weeks ago after a week I noticed oil on garage floor. At first thought it was a few small drips from residual oil from the oil change took it back to lube joint and they cleaned and wiped and check filter etc everything was OK. After a few days I was getting a lot more oil on garage floor. Went back to lube place a few hours ago and it looks like leaking from the turbo area on driver side. I am down about a half quart in 2 weeks. Called dealer and it will be going in Monday morning good news still under factory warranty in that I have 33,000 miles.

Any ideas on problem? I hope it's nothing major in that I almost traded a month ago but decided to drive this truck for the long haul.
I don't have an eco and don't know where the turbos are but I don't on a lot of OEM turbos the oil feed line had a banjo bolt and sometimes that needs to be tightened, rotated or sometimes there's a screen in there that gets gummed up.

You should be able to identify the source since it was cleaned off recently
Old 12-19-2015, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by H-60 Electrician
Sounds like maybe they didn't get the filter tight. Have you checked it?
That was the first thing we checked it was tight and clean (no oil) on filter.
Old 12-19-2015, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by cmbezln
I don't have an eco and don't know where the turbos are but I don't on a lot of OEM turbos the oil feed line had a banjo bolt and sometimes that needs to be tightened, rotated or sometimes there's a screen in there that gets gummed up.

You should be able to identify the source since it was cleaned off recently
I am a poor mechanic but the kid at the oil place said it could be fitting on high pressure oil line into the turbo??? Hell I don't know! I will try and check fitting before it goes to dealer Monday.
Old 12-19-2015, 05:03 PM
OG

I am a poor mechanic but the kid at the oil place said it could be fitting on high pressure oil line into the turbo??? Hell I don't know! I will try and check fitting before it goes to dealer Monday.
That's exactly what I'm describing. Usually you can get in there with a 10mm or whatever and tighten it up
Old 12-19-2015, 05:11 PM

That's exactly what I'm describing. Usually you can get in there with a 10mm or whatever and tighten it up
Thanks I will look at it tomorrow I was underneath truck at the oil place I will pop hood and hopefully get at it to try and tighten it.
Old 12-19-2015, 05:25 PM
OG

Thanks I will look at it tomorrow I was underneath truck at the oil place I will pop hood and hopefully get at it to try and tighten it.
Check the inlet and outlet connections...either one can leak, but usually the inlet on top. You don't have any decrease in performance lately, right?
Old 12-19-2015, 05:38 PM

Check the inlet and outlet connections...either one can leak, but usually the inlet on top. You don't have any decrease in performance lately, right?
No it seems to be running just fine.
Old 12-20-2015, 12:24 AM

Received 698 Likes on 442 Posts

Best way to look at the turbos is through the fender well over the tire...

Quick Reply: OH NO! My engine puking oil up close to a turbo!