Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Odd transmission gauge behavior?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 10:30 AM

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Odd transmission gauge behavior?

So, I noticed the other day that after driving long enough for the transmission to warm up and both the digital and analog gauge to read within a normal range, if you shut down the truck and turn it back on, the analog gauge will read full cold, while the digital gauge will read what it was at when parked. Funny thing about the digital gauge though is the temperature reading will drop rapidly for about 5-10 seconds, then pause and come right back up to close to where it was in the "normal" range.

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think my truck used to do this, but maybe I never paid attention. Kinda find that hard to believe as I've had the truck for almost a year now, but thought I'd pose the question to you all and see if others are seeing the same thing. I took a video of it for clarification and documentation in case I need to make another visit to the dealer. I would think this is abnormal behaivor seeing as the engine temperature gauge doesn't start at dead cold upon a warm start.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:31 PM

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Do u have the tow package? I don't have the digit LCD gauge. But I notice I think if I stop to get gas and start it back up it takes about 30 seconds or so to go back to where I shut it off at.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:47 PM

Received 669 Likes on 459 Posts

Mine does the same thing. I think it is normal.

Quick Reply: Odd transmission gauge behavior?