Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No Interior Heat in my Truck

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 02:20 PM
Alaskan by Choice

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Default No Interior Heat in my Truck

Well it was a balmy -1F yesterday when I left work. I autostarted the truck and then left for home. Climate Control was in Auto and set for 70F. When I got in the Truck it was not quite warm but certainly not cold. Half way home (10 mins) and I notice the truck is getting colder inside. So I changed the air flow to blow out the Dash vents and it was freezing! I shut the truck off and restarted it in a parking lot, still cold air. Trans and Engine were uop to normal operating temp. No LOVE.
After I got home I made an appointment to drop it off today and went inside to warm up. two hours later I decided to check it again and clean up the inside of the truck so everybody at the dealership will not know how much of a slob I am and the truck is blowing kind of warm air (certainly warmer than on the drive home).
This morning I started the truck and let it warm up again (10F outside today) and drove my son to school, Truck was pretty comfortable for the short 5 min ride, the blower was running in low with the climate control still in Auto. Shortly after dropping my son off I'm getting cold air again out of the vents....So off the the Dealer I go.
As soon as I pull into the service dept bay I start getting warm (not Hot) air coming out again (service bay is heated and enclosed).....
I'm thinking they are going to tell me it is a blend door malfunction. Anybody else got an idea off what this might be????
Old 01-10-2012, 07:52 PM
Alaskan by Choice

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Just got the call from the dealer....it is the blend door. The whole dash has to come out to get to it, they told me it would take all day, tomorrow to do it. dang it.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:56 PM

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

The blend door is an issue in almost every truck. They make the doors out of plastic and the gear out of metal, almost guarenteeing an eventual failure. Just like ford, dodges have to have the entire dash removed for a $13 piece.

Quick Reply: No Interior Heat in my Truck