Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NHTSA being fooled??

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 01:45 AM

Received 222 Likes on 178 Posts

Default NHTSA being fooled??

I just read the letter Ford sent the NHTSA in regards to the EcoBoost issue and it is laughable to say the least. It is a PDF but I just captured the part where it addressed the condensation build up. IF you haven't seen it, it is worth reading. I think it is time for someone to post and send a video of the deceleration that occurs To the NHTSA. Ford seems to lead the NHTSA to think it does not decelerate but maintains its speed however has issues accelerating! Are you Kidding me??? I went from about 70 down to 40 in a couple of seconds. Sure it probably wouldn't have happened going down a steep hill but the problem I had was going up a steep hill.... Also one other issue I find hard to believe... they say that it can drop two to three cylinders in the letter and I (you) *NHTSA* is to believe that a 6 cyl engine can maintain the same speed without any deceleration running on 3 cyl???????

I Know You and probably many are sick of hearing about this issue but surly, you should be sick to read this letter and find out just how much ford cares about us and for that matter it is a direct insult to us that report the issue and they are saying,,, yeah it happens but it isn't a danger to the driver because it doesn't stop running and their *US* reports of lose of power and deceleration is a lie!!! You really need to read the whole letter because they almost come right out and say we are liars!

Last edited by mamonti; 10-25-2013 at 02:00 AM.
Old 10-25-2013, 02:02 AM

Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts

You should see what toyota blames on the customers to the NHTSB
Old 10-25-2013, 02:05 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks like you pulled your link
http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/acms/cs...018-57516P.pdf
entire PDF there
Old 10-25-2013, 02:06 AM

Thanks PlaTTinum

Last edited by mamonti; 10-25-2013 at 02:09 AM.
Old 10-25-2013, 02:07 AM

Originally Posted by PlaTTinum
Looks like you pulled your link
http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/acms/cs...018-57516P.pdf
entire PDF there
Great! Thanks,,, I tried it and it gave an error so I went through the long way...
Old 10-25-2013, 07:38 AM

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by hydro
You should see what toyota blames on the customers to the NHTSB
Or VW or any other manufacturer. Honestly yes I get it is a potential safety issue, but the engine survives in all but a handful of instances and I have not seen any evidence of long term damage.

My wife drives a car under NHTSA investigation every day for a defect that causes immediate 100% loss of power and at the least a $5,000 repair bill. The investigation is older than the EB and still no resolution. She and I drive accordingly, and with the knowledge there is always a potential for any issue.

Too me the EB issue is much ado about nothing.

/puts on flame suit

Last edited by kydsid; 10-25-2013 at 07:40 AM.
The following 4 users liked this post by kydsid:
brucesears (11-03-2013), cptbimes (11-03-2013), engineermike (11-03-2013), hydro (10-25-2013)
Old 10-25-2013, 07:46 AM

Received 183 Likes on 112 Posts

If all you do is complain about your truck and Ford in General why not trade it in and buy a Prius or something.
Old 10-25-2013, 07:49 AM

Received 240 Likes on 178 Posts

It is obvious that Ford is not going to invest in the past. Being #1 for 33 years and having similar engine/truck issues over the years doesn't stop repeat buyers from going back to Ford. Ford made an effort with several TSB's to try and correct. That is where it ends. As a EB owner you got 2 choices, avoid the CAC conditions/driving as stated in there response or sell your truck. Simple decision. If the guys on this forum who are disappointed with this answer, the choice is simple. Don't buy another Ford truck. Falling sales is the only thing that gets Bill Ford's attention. I will drive mine until any real failure/issue occur. Right now it is driving fine and I haven't had the CAC issue. I had a misfire in 6th gear issue and a TSB seems to have corrected the issue. As the old saying goes,,Your Voice is in your Choice!
The following users liked this post:
hydro (10-25-2013)
Old 10-25-2013, 12:27 PM

I have stated this in other threads,,, I own 3 vehicles. a Ford, the other one is a Ford and oh yeah my last one was a Ford! I know other manufactures have issues also! I lived that one too owning a 2012 Camary.... Do you know what happened to Toyota in the end of there lies??? I think a billion dollars later they did! The problem is,,,, Toyota can afford a billion dollars I doubt ford can... and oh yeah another issue,,, do you know what happened to the Camary value?? I do!!! Just like the F150 EcoBoost,, if they don't solve the problem and a death is directly proven to be a EcoBoost limp mode then you *if the ones that think its nothing and own an EcoBoost* will not be a happy camper when you can't get rid of your truck.... Can you say Ford Pinto??? I am not as I believe many of us aren't in a position to just go out and trade in a 2012 F150 truck and lose my butt doing so. I want it fixed as I happen to love the truck other than the problems that Ford can't fix! My Mustang has been the best car I have owned, not one issue! The Ranger,?? Well it has its problems like most vehicles do,,, I wanted to keep this truck as my age is getting close to retirement and so I am hoping Ford get this issue done. I don't however think lying to the NHTSA and calling us liars is the way to get it done!
The following 2 users liked this post by mamonti:
PoneyXpres (10-25-2013), Wanted33 (10-25-2013)
Old 10-25-2013, 12:34 PM

By the way,,, I am happy that those that say get away from it,,, trade it and so on are not the ones protecting this country... It seems that when they have a problem they run away from it,,, I will fight for what is right, what I believe in and for what I feel I deserve. Things get fixed only because people don't stand for the way it is,,,, not run from it! Are any of you that posted here congressmen??? Cause it seems they don't care about you or this country,,,, they feel the same way,,,,, lets just run from the problem and collect our paycheck! Think about what you are saying,,,,, and remember where you parents or their parents came from??? If it wasn't for the few that stood up to a problem then you wouldn't be in this country! Think about the laws that protect you,,, again they were changed and became by the one that fought against it.... Just saying,,,,,or I guess you would have said,,, if you don't like it just go back to the country you came from???

Last edited by mamonti; 10-25-2013 at 12:39 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by mamonti:
PoneyXpres (10-25-2013), Toddman38 (11-03-2013)

Quick Reply: NHTSA being fooled??