Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Tonnopro bed cover

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 11:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Tonnopro bed cover

I just got a new Tonnopro bed cover and thought I would share my opinion on it. Its actually pretty nice for a 280.00 dollar tri-folding cover compared to the 800$ bakflip g2. I would have preferred the g2 but I know I will never spend that kind of money for a bed cover.

It is surprisingly water tight and comes on and off in less than 5 minutes, the very back flap doesn't flip up against the back window like the g2 but with the quick removal time it's not really that big of a deal.

The frame is made of metal and secures the flaps to the bed with a sturdy feel, its also pretty low profile which I like and for money I would say I would give it an A+

for the ppl living in the DFW texas area, I showed a copy of jegs.com 279.00 online price to a salesman from DFW Camper and they price matched it and had it in stock.
Attached Thumbnails New Tonnopro bed cover-photo.jpg  
Old 04-11-2011, 06:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Agreed! I put one on a couple of weeks ago and was impressed. I figured for the money compared to others like Access and Truxedo the vinyl material would seem cheap, but it's not. Very thick, taught and sturdy. Very pleased so far! Picked mine up off Amazon (Trick Truck Toys) for $280. Ordered on a Sunday, had it the following Thursday. Free shipping!
Attached Thumbnails New Tonnopro bed cover-tonnopro.jpg  
Old 04-11-2011, 06:37 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd consider one. What kind of cons are there with this cover?
Old 04-11-2011, 08:11 AM

This may be a stupid question, but does the lock down somehow? Can you secure it or can anyone just basically go on and open it?
Old 04-11-2011, 09:22 AM
Okie Coupe

Received 209 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by killingswitch
I just got a new Tonnopro bed cover and thought I would share my opinion on it. Its actually pretty nice for a 280.00 dollar tri-folding cover compared to the 800$ bakflip g2. I would have preferred the g2 but I know I will never spend that kind of money for a bed cover.

It is surprisingly water tight and comes on and off in less than 5 minutes, the very back flap doesn't flip up against the back window like the g2 but with the quick removal time it's not really that big of a deal.

The frame is made of metal and secures the flaps to the bed with a sturdy feel, its also pretty low profile which I like and for money I would say I would give it an A+

for the ppl living in the DFW texas area, I showed a copy of jegs.com 279.00 online price to a salesman from DFW Camper and they price matched it and had it in stock.
It looks great but I hope your $280.00 tri-folding cover holds up to the North Texas heat.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:35 AM

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

I have the same one made by Ex-Tang.

Mine has little L shaped handles that turn to keep the lid down. If you lock your gate, it will stop curious people.. however if someone is determined, its not that hard to get into..
Old 04-11-2011, 10:02 AM

On my 2007 GMC Seirra Crew I just traded in, I had an Advantage Torza Top. It worked pretty good. There's a problem with a trifold on a short crew.. If your at Homedepot and buy something large and forget to leave the tri fold at home, you have to try and store it.

For example, I went to Lowes and bought a Vanity, Granite top and a few other things. I didnt take my cover off because I was "Just looking" Got out to the parking lot and had to take off the Torza to get it to fit. The 5.5 ft bed is so short that the cover wont fit in the bed with the tailgate closed unless its diagonal or propped on the tailgate. I didnt want my $400 tonneau blowing out on to the interstate so I drove home, took off my cover and went back... If your far from home your kinda screwed. Im not sure if the dimensions of the F150 crew will allow it to fit.

I put an Access Lorado on my new F150...Problem solved. Although it probably wouldnt matter since I have a 6.5 ft bed on it.

Last edited by mi-skidoo; 04-11-2011 at 10:11 AM.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:42 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mi-skidoo
On my 2007 GMC Seirra Crew I just traded in, I had an Advantage Torza Top. It worked pretty good. There's a problem with a trifold on a short crew.. If your at Homedepot and buy something large and forget to leave the tri fold at home, you have to try and store it.

For example, I went to Lowes and bought a Vanity, Granite top and a few other things. I didnt take my cover off because I was "Just looking" Got out to the parking lot and had to take off the Torza to get it to fit. The 5.5 ft bed is so short that the cover wont fit in the bed with the tailgate closed unless its diagonal or propped on the tailgate. I didnt want my $400 tonneau blowing out on to the interstate so I drove home, took off my cover and went back... If your far from home your kinda screwed. Im not sure if the dimensions of the F150 crew will allow it to fit.

I put an Access Lorado on my new F150...Problem solved. Although it probably wouldnt matter since I have a 6.5 ft bed on it.
Would it fit if you folded the rear seats up and slid it in the back?
Old 04-11-2011, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by texasgator
Would it fit if you folded the rear seats up and slid it in the back?

It was really close but no. When I put it in the back seat it would hit the arm rests on the back doors. Force it and the aluminum frame would bend.

Last edited by mi-skidoo; 04-11-2011 at 10:50 AM.
Old 04-11-2011, 03:40 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Pretty much anyone with a knife and some ***** will get into these leather style box covers.

They are more a keep stuff dry and a deterrent.

Quick Reply: New Tonnopro bed cover