Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to the site - My first ford

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2017, 05:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the site - My first ford

Hey everyone, I recently purchased my new (to me) 2013 ford f-150 xlt scab with a 5.0. I've had it for about 5 months now and it now has 65K. I bought it with 58K. I plan to put some mods on it eventually, leveling kit, wheels and tires. Anyway, Id love to see some mods you guys have done to a 2013 xlt

Not a huge fan of the chrome package, may end up plasti dipping the chrome after the winter months here in OH.

attached is a pic of my pickup, only mod not pictured is window tint to match the back at 20%
Attached Thumbnails New to the site - My first ford-fullsizeoutput_9d.jpeg  
Old 01-15-2017, 07:29 PM
2nd Amendment Supporter!

Received 407 Likes on 304 Posts

Congrats on the F-150.
Take a good look through all these threads and posts on here and you will see plenty of cool mods you can do to your truck!
I have a 6" lift, about 8 sets of lights from cube LEDs, behind the grille led light bar, rear recessed reverse lights, led bed lights and an NFab front bar with 2 sets of PIAA lights.
....All controlled on a KustomFX headliner switch panel.
Banks Monster exhaust, Firestone airbags with an on board Compressor, to a PTM surround grille, and the 5.0 running on a SCT x4 tuner with 5* tunes (MPT tunes soon to come).... just to name a few.

My son has a 2" level on his S'cab with 33's, and has quite a few mods including lighting & KustomFX switch panel too.

There are Many mods to do & you'll see a lot of ideas in here.

A few pics:
Attached Thumbnails New to the site - My first ford-photo613.jpg   New to the site - My first ford-photo948.jpg  
Attached Images   
Old 01-15-2017, 07:37 PM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

I got a 2010 xlt. Window tint, billsetin shocks set at 2.25", raptor wheels and 315/70/17 ko2s, dynomax exhaust. Replaced tail lights and third brake light with fx4 lights, working on retrofitting a pair of headlights. Have fun with the truck

New to the site - My first ford-photo118.jpg
Old 01-15-2017, 08:21 PM

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

If you plan on adding lights a must is a kustonfx switch panel. Paint to match grille surround. Fx4 headlights and taillights. If you're going to level it do it once and go with adjustable coilovers(boss fox icon are the most popular). A custom tune will help with bigger tires. It never really ends.
Old 01-16-2017, 01:24 PM

Thanks for the reply, guys. Those are good looking trucks!
Old 01-16-2017, 04:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice looking truck.

By the way... Why doesn't anyone like chrome anymore???!!! I must be getting old... cause I still love chrome! LOL
Old 01-16-2017, 04:31 PM

Received 58 Likes on 39 Posts

Congrats on the pickup! I too recently got my F150 5.0 and loving it! Mine is a 2014 SCrew. I tried to get rid of some of the chrome 'flash' but keep it looking good. Here are a few updates I've done:
  • Black running boards
  • FX4 Front and Rear lights
  • 15% Tint on all windows (back windows had factory privacy glass, with tint over it they come to around 5% I'd guess)
  • 5% Windshield strip
  • AVS Window visors
  • AVS bug shield
  • Tonneau cover
  • Resonator delete, Magnaflow 14" Muffler
  • 5* Tune on the way!
  • Plasti Dipped mirror reflectors
  • Plasti Dipped Grille

Here are some pictures.. Not everything listed is shown in one picture.. I really need to get some updated ones!
Attached Thumbnails New to the site - My first ford-image1-11-.jpg   New to the site - My first ford-tails.jpg  
Attached Images   
Old 01-16-2017, 04:39 PM

Received 143 Likes on 116 Posts

Congrats on the truck!

My favorite cheap mods so far
  • 2x8 bed divider
  • Nilight flood lights tied to reverse
  • Nilight spotlight around the license plate (not legal for street use)
  • LED replacement interior lights
  • LED bed lights for under the rails
  • Plastidip on the bumpers/grill.
There is a thread titled best modifications for under $50, or something similar to that. Its a huge thread, but you can get some great ideas on it if you have the time.

Below is my picture of the bumper/grilled with plastidip as you were mentioning that specifically. 4-5 layers have held up great since spring with only a few minor chips from bugs/rocks that I will patch once its warm again. Took me maybe 8 cans to do both bumpers and the grill. I did not gloss mine when I was done, but I think it looks better if you do.
Attached Thumbnails New to the site - My first ford-dip-vs-chrome.jpg  
Old 01-16-2017, 04:43 PM

mpittmann,

Those FX4 lights really make a difference! Did you get those off eBay?? The Plasti dip looks great as well. Good looking pick up!
Old 01-16-2017, 04:43 PM

Received 58 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by EcoBoostJake
Congrats on the truck!

My favorite cheap mods so far
  • 2x8 bed divider
  • Nilight flood lights tied to reverse
  • Nilight spotlight around the license plate (not legal for street use)
  • LED replacement interior lights
  • LED bed lights for under the rails
  • Plastidip on the bumpers/grill.
There is a thread titled best modifications for under $50, or something similar to that. Its a huge thread, but you can get some great ideas on it if you have the time.

Below is my picture of the bumper/grilled with plastidip as you were mentioning that specifically. 4-5 layers have held up great since spring with only a few minor chips from bugs/rocks that I will patch once its warm again. Took me maybe 8 cans to do both bumpers and the grill. I did not gloss mine when I was done, but I think it looks better if you do.
Did you tape off your ford logo or get a decal/overlay for it? I recently ordered a pack that has the front and back decals as well as the steering wheel. Time to get rid of that blue logo!