Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New here with lots of questions! Come one come all!!

Old 09-11-2015, 03:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New here with lots of questions! Come one come all!!

Alright ladies and gents! Here I am on my new forum page with new and exciting questions. I come from the world of coal burners, heavily modded 6.0 Powerstroke. But I needed something more practical so I went with a 12' f150. Now My DD is a 12' f150 5.0

So here I sit with questions about sound and power and wanting to go faster and louder while keeping a factory appearance for warranty issues.
Sound: I would like to simply do a resy/muffler delete or instead of deleting go with a magnaflow muffler. I am looking for the sound to be deep and throaty. Can I get that by just swapping out mufflers and deleting the resonator while retaining stock pipes (I know they're small but will it work guys??). If not please advise!

Secondly!!
I am looking to tune this thing a get a little more gallop out of my pony! Can I tune with a sct X2 or edge cts platform? I'm not looking for a lot of power just a little gitty up!

Lastly and most importantly, on my f250 the sct doesnt leave a "footprint" on the ecm leaving it almost untraceable. Is the sct still that way or are they obvious as the sun on the new computers?
Old 09-11-2015, 04:05 PM

Received 158 Likes on 134 Posts

about muffler's heres my story on borla:

https://www.f150forum.com/f38/new-borla-muffler-226512/

^ to that: i sugg. u only replace the muffler with a 14" 18" or 22" magnaflow. If thats not enough u can buy a res. delete pipe that will replace the res. w/ 2" straight pipe thats bolt on vs weld'd in.

ill tune mine when i get new tires 33" and a level 2". to change tire size and tow tune. youll get a million answers about tuning, but yes SCT is the pref. tuner for these trucks. stage 3 and 5 star have a warr. you can buy with tunes. im sure others will chime in on both subjects
Old 09-11-2015, 04:56 PM
BoostKing Tuning

Received 98 Likes on 83 Posts

SCT X2 will not work. You will need a X3, X4, or LivewireTS. The X2 is just too out of date so it will not work.
Old 09-11-2015, 05:27 PM

Received 152 Likes on 130 Posts

Default New here with lots of questions! Come one come all!!

Originally Posted by Kyleu890
Alright ladies and gents! Here I am on my new forum page with new and exciting questions. I come from the world of coal burners, heavily modded 6.0 Powerstroke. But I needed something more practical so I went with a 12' f150. Now My DD is a 12' f150 5.0

So here I sit with questions about sound and power and wanting to go faster and louder while keeping a factory appearance for warranty issues.
Sound: I would like to simply do a resy/muffler delete or instead of deleting go with a magnaflow muffler. I am looking for the sound to be deep and throaty. Can I get that by just swapping out mufflers and deleting the resonator while retaining stock pipes (I know they're small but will it work guys??). If not please advise!

Secondly!!
I am looking to tune this thing a get a little more gallop out of my pony! Can I tune with a sct X2 or edge cts platform? I'm not looking for a lot of power just a little gitty up!

Lastly and most importantly, on my f250 the sct doesnt leave a "footprint" on the ecm leaving it almost untraceable. Is the sct still that way or are they obvious as the sun on the new computers?
Muffler delete leave the resy here my 2011 6.2 with a resy no muffler and 5 star tunes
Old 09-11-2015, 08:42 PM
How's she goin' eh?

Received 588 Likes on 488 Posts

Originally Posted by Boostking
SCT X2 will not work. You will need a X3, X4, or LivewireTS. The X2 is just too out of date so it will not work.
I was told it would. I have one for my 2008 ranger and returned it to stock.

Cut and pasted from a site advertiser.

"Then yes, long as you got your own custom tunes for the f150, should be able to use the SCT on that truck. Unless you have an ancient SCT device from ten years ago as some of those only support up until 2008 models. Should be a serial number on back of the tuner, if it starts with x3 then it will only work on up to 2008 model years but if it starts with XP as most of em do, then should work fine for your 2012"

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New here with lots of questions! Come one come all!!