Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For the "New" Ford Owners – Things you might or might not know.

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 02:47 AM

Received 135 Likes on 63 Posts

Default For the "New" Ford Owners – Things you might or might not know.

First congratulations on owning a new ford. Next the Warranty supplement is a great place to find out some "ODD" warranty items. I say odd because they cover things in the first 12 months etc. that you might not think are covered like wiper blades. It even covers environmental fallout that damages your paint that's not your fault.

To get this you can as a PDF download from Fords website

http://FordStuff.4shared.com
(I hope the link works)

Below is a snip of just some of the items that are different from the 3/36 bumper to bumper or 5/60 power train warranty.

Your vehicle’s body sheet metal panels are covered for an extended Corrosion Coverage Period, which lasts for five years, regardless of miles driven. The extended warranty coverage only applies if a body sheet metal panel becomes perforated due to corrosion during normal use due to a manufacturing defect in factory-supplied materials or factory workmanship.

For damage caused by airborne material (environmental fallout) where there is no factory-related defect involved and therefore no warranty − our policy is to provide free repair of paint damage due to the airborne material for 12 months or 12,000 miles, whichever occurs first.

Warranty not covered: Windshield stress cracks. However, limited coverage on windshield stress cracks will be provided for the first 12 months or 12,000 miles(whichever occurs first), even though caused by use and/or exposure to the elements. Wiper blade replacements will be provided during the first six months in service, regardless of miles driven.

• Wheel alignments and tire balancing (unless required by a warranty repair) will be provided during the first 12 months or 12,000 miles in service, whichever occurs first

• Brake pad/lining replacements will be provided during the first 12 months or 18,000 miles in service, whichever occurs first

ROADSIDE SERVICE ASSISTANCE
(UNITED STATES, PUERTO RICO, AND U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS)
Your vehicle is covered by the complimentary Ford Roadside Assistance Program (unless you are driving a daily rental unit). Under this program, Ford will cover:

• Towing to the nearest Ford Motor Company dealership, or towing to your selling dealership if within 35 miles

• Flat tire change (vehicle must have useable spare)

• Fuel delivery (limited to two occurrences in a 12-month period up to 2 gal. gas, 5 gal. diesel)

• Jump starts

• Lock-out assistance (replacement key cost is customer responsibility)

• Winching (vehicle must be within 100 feet of a paved or county-maintained road)

The Roadside Assistance Program is separate from the New Vehicle
Limited Warranty. It begins at the warranty start date and lasts for five years or 60,000 miles (whichever occurs first).

If you need towing beyond the five years or 60,000 miles (whichever occurs first) period, Ford can arrange roadside assistance and charge your credit card. If the reason for the vehicle disablement is later found to be covered by another Ford warranty, Ford will provide a refund for the tow charge under the other warranty, through the dealership. For emergency roadside assistance, call 1-800-241-3673, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

EMMISIONS: The warranty coverage period for:
• Passenger cars, light duty trucks (applies to vehicles up to 8,500 pounds GVWR) — 8 years or 80,000 miles (whichever occurs first) for catalytic converters, electronic engine control unit (ECU), transmission control module (TCM), and any other onboard emissions diagnostic module.

Don't know if this will help you or not, jut thought I would share it.

Last edited by h2ouup2; 03-11-2013 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Updated Link to PDF file
The following 3 users liked this post by h2ouup2:
BrewCityF150 (03-11-2013), walc (03-13-2013), Wanted33 (03-11-2013)
Old 03-11-2013, 03:05 AM

Some more info - for the new owners out there.
Attached Thumbnails -rotation.png  
Old 03-11-2013, 03:36 AM

Received 51 Likes on 33 Posts

The link does not work.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:01 AM

Originally Posted by Heishman
The link does not work.

I updated it, try it now.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:35 AM

Received 51 Likes on 33 Posts

Nope. You may have to download the PDF and post it here or place on a server and link it. This must be a secure site which requires a user name and password.

An Error has been detected.

• You do not have permissions to this site/page or
  • Your access permission may have timed out.

Helpful Hint: Please remember to close your browser window to logoff and then login back in twice a day.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:35 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Heishman
Nope. You may have to download the PDF and post it here or place on a server and link it. This must be a secure site which requires a user name and password.

An Error has been detected.

• You do not have permissions to this site/page or
  • Your access permission may have timed out.

Helpful Hint: Please remember to close your browser window to logoff and then login back in twice a day.
I'm getting the same error
Old 03-11-2013, 01:34 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I brought my 2 week old FX4 in to my dealer and asked them to check the tire balance. Truck had a minor vibration that I noticed on long smooth stretches of highway. Instead of taking my word for it they had a tech drive it a mile up the road and back and he said "it rides better than my lincoln towncar." I said that sucks for you, grabbed my keys and left. Maybe i should've stuck around and bitched at the manager or something. Great service at a place I just dumped $35k.
Old 03-11-2013, 02:38 PM

Received 156 Likes on 113 Posts

I had a vibration when I got last 70mph. My dealer balanced them without question and that did solve the issue. Maybe tell your dealer at what speed it happens if the have to test drive it.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:23 PM

I think I found a "Free" host for the file - See the post below...

Last edited by h2ouup2; 03-11-2013 at 09:32 PM. Reason: New Link
Old 03-11-2013, 09:29 PM

Lets see if this link works.

http://FordStuff.4shared.com

Quick Reply: For the "New" Ford Owners – Things you might or might not know.