Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New f150 owner needs help

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2016, 09:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New f150 owner needs help

I recently just purchased (about 2 months ago) a 2012 f150 super crew platinum. I love it so far. There are a few issues that I have just noticed. The heated seats are. It as warm as they should be, they work just not great. Also the rear window defrost doesn't work. I press the button and the light doesn't even come on. I check the fuses and relays and they seems to be good. Any suggestions/help. Thank you all in advance.
Old 10-08-2016, 10:12 AM
King Hater

Received 872 Likes on 653 Posts

I know in my dash there is an option to turn off the rear defroster. You have to use the steering wheel controls to access the option. Try that.

As far as the heated seat issue I can't help you there. Mine will burn me out of the seat.

Side note. There is a huge thread on here discussing the use of the rear defroster and glass shattering. Basically its a crap shoot that if you use it, you may shatter your back glass. Some guys have had issues getting ford to replace it, others have had success. Seems to be if they try and warranty the glass it gets denied. But if they try and warranty the piece around the glass it gets approved.

Quick Reply: New f150 owner needs help