Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New F150 - capless gas problems!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2014, 03:52 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default New F150 - capless gas problems!!!!!

Hi Guys,

I have a new F150 that overall is a great Truck, but I was yelling and cussing at it yesterday, when trying to put gas in the bloody thing!!!!!

Stopped at my favorite gas station, and I couldn't get the capless gizmo to open. I tried every angle, but no dice. Had to find the funnel that came with the truck, which when full spewed gas all over the side of the truck, and then I'm left having to put that smelly funnel thing back into my new truck - afraid it would blow out of the back.

I was one pissed off camper, and if a Ford Engineer would have been around, it would not have been pretty. This is most F**&cked up thing I have ever seen in a vehicle I just dropped over 30 grand for!!!!!! You can't even put gas in the thing! I live in a rural area with many old gas stations, I'm assuming this might be this issue?

I'm looking for any hints, tips, and/or tricks to get that damn thing to open. Can you stick a screwdriver or some tool in beside the fuel nozzle to get the worthless thing to open, without having to use the funnel? Talk about a WORTHLESS gizmo to put on a truck........geeeeeez........

Thanks!
Old 08-03-2014, 03:56 PM

Taking the new beast out for a cruise through the mountains yesterday!
Old 08-03-2014, 03:59 PM
POWWWERRR!!!!!

Received 167 Likes on 116 Posts

"Did you try turning it off then on again?"

Just kidding. But did you at least try a different pump?
Old 08-03-2014, 04:06 PM

No, but I will next time! This was only second time putting gas in the truck, I just picked 'er up this past week!

I'm just wondering if I was doing something wrong, and if there is something like some angle I didn't try, or ????? But whatever, I have had jillions of cars and trucks for many years, and this is the FIRST time I ever had an issue filling up! grrrrrrrrrrrr!
Old 08-03-2014, 04:10 PM

Received 884 Likes on 672 Posts

I just think its hilarious how you make a thread about your frustrations with a part of the truck, then immediately 4 minutes later post something more positive and majestic...in the same thread.

It's like a bipolar thread or something.

:P
The following 3 users liked this post by SteveLord:
FortKnox (08-03-2014), jt16xlt (08-04-2014), sknyfats (08-03-2014)
Old 08-03-2014, 04:16 PM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

On an older threat I read here somewhere a member posted a document ford had distributed showing different gas nozzles. One that has a metal tip missing wouldn't allow the door to open. I've been checking the nozzles every time I fill now. I've never had an issue though.
Old 08-03-2014, 04:16 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have never had a problem. I wonder if the pump you used had a deformed nozzle that did not open the flap correctly.
Old 08-03-2014, 04:21 PM
King Hater

Received 872 Likes on 653 Posts

I'd try a different pump. It's has to be a nozzle issue
Old 08-03-2014, 04:23 PM
none.

Received 98 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Wilderness Man
Hi Guys,

I have a new F150 that overall is a great Truck, but I was yelling and cussing at it yesterday, when trying to put gas in the bloody thing!!!!!

Stopped at my favorite gas station, and I couldn't get the capless gizmo to open. I tried every angle, but no dice. Had to find the funnel that came with the truck, which when full spewed gas all over the side of the truck, and then I'm left having to put that smelly funnel thing back into my new truck - afraid it would blow out of the back.

I was one pissed off camper, and if a Ford Engineer would have been around, it would not have been pretty. This is most F**&cked up thing I have ever seen in a vehicle I just dropped over 30 grand for!!!!!! You can't even put gas in the thing! I live in a rural area with many old gas stations, I'm assuming this might be this issue?

I'm looking for any hints, tips, and/or tricks to get that damn thing to open. Can you stick a screwdriver or some tool in beside the fuel nozzle to get the worthless thing to open, without having to use the funnel? Talk about a WORTHLESS gizmo to put on a truck........geeeeeez........

Thanks!
The guy who invented it bought my thinderbird, ill pass along the disdain.
Old 08-03-2014, 04:24 PM
2nd Amendment Supporter!

Received 407 Likes on 304 Posts

My local sheets gas station has a different nozzle on pump #10 and does the same thing! It is not the same (or standard size) for some reason.
Just go to a different pump & you'll be just fine.

Quick Reply: New F150 - capless gas problems!!!!!