Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need new pads and rotors looking for good brand

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 11:28 PM
Carpenter's Local 279

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Question need new pads and rotors looking for good brand

i have about 62,000 miles and im in need of new pads and rotors. id like to get a good brand of slotted rotors and a good set of pads with low brake dust all around. the way i look at it is, i need to replace them why not upgrade a little if im replacing them anyways. ive looked at ebc, hawk, and a couple others but i need so opinions! any help id appreciate! thanks
Old 04-16-2012, 11:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unless you routinely get into situations where you're overheating your brake fluid, slotted rotors aren't really an upgrade. I also highly doubt you'll notice the meager reduction in rotational mass while inside a 4500lb truck.

That said, Stop-Tech makes fantastic rotors and will likely have an OEM replacement for the F-150. Hawk pads are also good.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:54 PM
Carpenter's Local 279

Originally Posted by Saev
Unless you routinely get into situations where you're overheating your brake fluid, slotted rotors aren't really an upgrade. I also highly doubt you'll notice the meager reduction in rotational mass while inside a 4500lb truck.

That said, Stop-Tech makes fantastic rotors and will likely have an OEM replacement for the F-150. Hawk pads are also good.
i use a trailer that weighs about 1,500lbs plus my quad 425lb plus either 2 or 3 other quads almost every weekend im just looking for a little better stopping power and im not looking to replace calipers for bigger just want better stopping
Old 04-17-2012, 01:01 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Technically. Smooth faced rotors stop you better the first time but are more likely to hold heat and fade the 2 nd 3rd stop and so on but only if used one after the other. Plus the ones that come from the factory are vented.
Slotted rotors are great for racing but under lots of weight with long stopping distances they also have a higher chance of warp.

Just got you a good set of cheramic pads for least dust. And you should be fine.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:10 AM
Ford Freak

Received 171 Likes on 106 Posts

I have EBC slotted and dimpled rotors with EBC green stuff pads on my FX4. They stop my truck better than the stock brakes and I don't notice as much brake dust on my wheels now. I got them from AJUSA, they will also give you a discount for being a forum member. Look in my photo album there should be pictures of them in there.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:47 AM
Carpenter's Local 279

Originally Posted by fordfan77
I have EBC slotted and dimpled rotors with EBC green stuff pads on my FX4. They stop my truck better than the stock brakes and I don't notice as much brake dust on my wheels now. I got them from AJUSA, they will also give you a discount for being a forum member. Look in my photo album there should be pictures of them in there.
ebc was the brand i was looking at, idk if i need drilled rotors though that kills the life of your pads. im probably going with either ebc slotted or stock rotors with ebc pads. Thanks!

Quick Reply: need new pads and rotors looking for good brand