Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need a little help

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2014, 01:30 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Question Need a little help

So i bough an LED bar for my mom's '12 eco boost, and i have wired offroad light previously on my 03 f150. However, i got to the step where i have to route the rest of wires inside the cab, my plan is to route them around the engine bay behind the plastic cover and down to one of the rubber gromets.
So my question is, how do i remove this plastic cover piece? :

As far as i know, it's held by some bolts along the bottom, and two pins on each side. When i removed them, it was still very firm, almost like there were some pins/clips holding it. All i want to do as i previously stated is to guide the wires behind it.

My other question is, which grommet should i use? (If it matters) And would i have to drill a hole in it?

This one

On my 2003 it was pretty easy. That plastic piece came right off and the grommet was easily accessible and removable. Anyways, thanks for reading and i hope you can help me out.
Old 06-07-2014, 02:44 PM

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

I just installed my LED light bar the other weekend and ended up running the wires to the cab through the rubber piece on the passenger side (looks like your last picture). I took an exacto knife and cut off the top of that little rubber "bubble" and proceeded to feed the wire into the passenger foot well.
Old 06-07-2014, 03:44 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DylMyr
I just installed my LED light bar the other weekend and ended up running the wires to the cab through the rubber piece on the passenger side (looks like your last picture). I took an exacto knife and cut off the top of that little rubber "bubble" and proceeded to feed the wire into the passenger foot well.
So there is a rubber grommet on passenger side as well? I guess it would make it a little bit easier, however i still think that if i removed that plastic piece and routed the wires behind it into the grommet on driver side it would be better. Unless i do what you did, thank anyways.