Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help on pricing and negotiating (trading RAM)

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 11:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help on pricing and negotiating (trading RAM)

I'll sooner than later be trading my 2009 Ram 1500 for a new F150. I qualify for X Plan pricing but find a ton of different opinions on it. I want a 2011 FX4 screw, 5.0, 5.5 bed, Oxford White, black cloth seating. I don't need nav, leather but at least want a sliding rear window. Color is not optional
Advice I need-
1. What is my best route to finding the truck/color that I want without getting hosed.
2. Use the X Plan or just straight up negotiate?

I do have some equity in my current truck because I put down 10,000 on it at purchase. There are no 2011 FX4 left here near Pittsburgh in the color that I want. I'm afraid if I ask the dealer to start sniffing around for the truck that I want that I'll get "Screwed" on the price. Any suggestions please? Has anyone else had any luck finding what they want while getting a fair deal? especially this time of the year!
Old 10-22-2011, 02:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the norm has been 8-10k off of sticker depending on where you are located. There is a thread on here where people are posting what they paid. That might give you a better idea. good luck on your purchase!

Quick Reply: Need help on pricing and negotiating (trading RAM)