Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEED HELP! my truck just died.

Old 03-29-2010, 09:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question NEED HELP! my truck just died.

so i was driving along and my truck just shut off. so i put it back in park and tried starting it again, it sounded like it had started but then it shut off again. now it does nothing, but sit in my drive way. when turn the key on every thing about the truck works great, the sterio plays, the lights all work, the wipers, and blowers are all fine. and when i turn the key the lights dont dim the slightest bit. i thought it might be a starter or a fuel pump. but a starter wont shut the truck off and if it were bad fuel pump it would still turn over. it doesnt as much as even click when i try to start it. ANY IDEAS. i thought maybe there might be an emergency shut off but i cant find one no were.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:47 PM

alternator?
Old 03-29-2010, 09:52 PM

if it was the alternator the lights, stereo or anything should come on w/o dimming... does is crank at all? or nothing when u turn the key? it could not be getting any fuel
Old 03-29-2010, 09:56 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

He said it does not crank. Fuel or alternator have nothing to do with it. The fact that it just died says it's not just something related to the starting system either.

I wouldn't worry too much about it at this point, it sounds like it might be rather complicated actually (bad pcm?). It's a new truck under warranty right? Just make that phone call and have it towed in and fixed.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:58 PM

whoops... i skipped that last few sentences.... what about a fuse?
Old 03-30-2010, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by zporta
whoops... i skipped that last few sentences.... what about a fuse?
ive checked most of my fuses, and while at work i unplugged my battery hoping just maybe it would reset my computer, but whe i got home i hooked it back up and still nothing wich leads me to think one of two things. its either a shut off switch or the GEM module.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: NEED HELP! my truck just died.