Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Mystic Second USB port

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 04:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Mystic Second USB port

Hey all,

Anyone know where to find the second USB port on the 09? this is a mini usb port that is meant to be used by the service techs... but will work with sync as well.

All i've been able to find out is that on the Fusion it is apparently hidden above the glove compartment (drop it down, and there it is among the wiring)... doesn't seem to be there on my f-150...

I think on the Flex its on the back of the center console...

The idea is that the second usb is hidden, so you can plug something in and leave it in hiding...
Old 03-11-2009, 05:11 PM
6.2L Job 2

lazy subscribe
Old 03-11-2009, 05:19 PM
American Muscle

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by SubiGT
lazy subscribe
huh?

Anyway, I thought it was behind/above/below the glove box? Did you drop the gove box down? (Squeeze both sides in, should drop all the way if its like the 08's)
Old 03-11-2009, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by spherical
Hey all,

Anyone know where to find the second USB port on the 09? this is a mini usb port that is meant to be used by the service techs... but will work with sync as well.

All i've been able to find out is that on the Fusion it is apparently hidden above the glove compartment (drop it down, and there it is among the wiring)... doesn't seem to be there on my f-150...

I think on the Flex its on the back of the center console...

The idea is that the second usb is hidden, so you can plug something in and leave it in hiding...
Found this on another Forum, I guess it is okay to post. Heck, it might be you with another name.

"Ok so i been looking most of the day for the second hidden USB port for the sync system. I know there's 2 USB ports as USB 2 came up in the display a couple of times. Well today i found the second port. If you take the 2 screws from the center surround speaker the whole plastic tray will slide back and below that there is a extra USB port next to the one already being used. The reason i was looking for it was because i have a hard drive and store all my music on that and it sits below the sync port in the little tray. Well i wanted it to be neater and run the extra cable from where ever i found it into the center console strage area. The trucks center console strips down really easy to be able to run your cable from the top of the dash to the stroage area. I will post some pics once i get the cable in and hidden. This is a great mod for anyone who dont like there MP3 player on display"
Old 03-12-2009, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by pkvir
Found this on another Forum, I guess it is okay to post. Heck, it might be you with another name.

"Ok so i been looking most of the day for the second hidden USB port for the sync system. I know there's 2 USB ports as USB 2 came up in the display a couple of times. Well today i found the second port. If you take the 2 screws from the center surround speaker the whole plastic tray will slide back and below that there is a extra USB port next to the one already being used. The reason i was looking for it was because i have a hard drive and store all my music on that and it sits below the sync port in the little tray. Well i wanted it to be neater and run the extra cable from where ever i found it into the center console strage area. The trucks center console strips down really easy to be able to run your cable from the top of the dash to the stroage area. I will post some pics once i get the cable in and hidden. This is a great mod for anyone who dont like there MP3 player on display"
wow, that's exactly what i'm looking for! thanks! (nope, wasn't my post haha)
Old 03-12-2009, 05:13 PM
6.2L Job 2

Originally Posted by dplummer87
huh?
One way to subscribe to a thread you want to watch, without going through the "Thread Tools" menu, is to reply to a post in the thread. This subscribes you to the thread, and you are able to see updates in your User CP. In forumspeak, typing "subscribe" would accomplish this. Some forums require a 10 character minimum to make it a legal post, so it becomes necessary to type more then just "subscribe". As my intention was to see updates without actually adding to the content of the thread, and I am too lazy to move my mouse all those times to do it the other way, I typed "lazy subscribe".

I will be ordering a Raptor with Nav and Sync when the order bank for the 6.2L is opened, so finding out where the 2nd USB port is located is a good thing.
Old 03-12-2009, 06:16 PM
Black 06 F150 SCab 4x4

One way to subscribe to a thread you want to watch, without going through the "Thread Tools" menu, is to reply to a post in the thread. This subscribes you to the thread, and you are able to see updates in your User CP. In forumspeak, typing "subscribe" would accomplish this. Some forums require a 10 character minimum to make it a legal post, so it becomes necessary to type more then just "subscribe". As my intention was to see updates without actually adding to the content of the thread, and I am too lazy to move my mouse all those times to do it the other way, I typed "lazy subscribe".

I will be ordering a Raptor with Nav and Sync when the order bank for the 6.2L is opened, so finding out where the 2nd USB port is located is a good thing.
Definitely off topic but I just gotta laugh at you publicly now since you've probably spent more energy explaining yourself than you would have doing it the hard way....
Old 03-12-2009, 06:44 PM
6.2L Job 2

Originally Posted by djbruce26
Definitely off topic but I just gotta laugh at you publicly now since you've probably spent more energy explaining yourself than you would have doing it the hard way....
It actually took me alot longer to compose then you might think, but that's ok too
Old 03-12-2009, 07:21 PM
American Muscle

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Ah cool, i see. YOU"RE GONNA PICK UP THE RAPTOR!!!!!!!! AWESOME! I thought it was a 6.0 though? An i know those are expected to ship in the fall. The 5.4 is supposed to be good to go this summer.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:58 PM
6.2L Job 2

Originally Posted by dplummer87
Ah cool, i see. YOU"RE GONNA PICK UP THE RAPTOR!!!!!!!! AWESOME! I thought it was a 6.0 though? An i know those are expected to ship in the fall. The 5.4 is supposed to be good to go this summer.
This is the stuff of a whole other line of threads

6.2L 400+(ish)hp/400+(ish)tq

Wife already gave approval, the rest is easy.

Quick Reply: The Mystic Second USB port