Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MyFord Touch freezing - 2014 F150

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2014, 11:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MyFord Touch freezing - 2014 F150

Anyone else having issues with their MyFord Touch freezing up on them? I have been keeping a log (which I sent to my dealership - no reply by them).
Here is what's happening so far:

11-23 Remote started truck, put key in turned to run position.
Screen was on, but would not allow me to touch any function. When I pressed the home button, then it began working.

11-26 Same thing happened. This time an iPod was plugged in.
Sometime during that same day, the screen froze again, then reset showing Microsoft Sync screen. A few minutes later things worked fine.

11-30 (Did not remote start) started truck and went to turn on heated seat but screen was frozen while music was playing. Display showed Navigation card was not installed. Turned off truck, opened door, got back in inserted key. The stereo booted normally but the no navigation card message displayed again. I took the card out and reinserted it and it worked normally the remainder of the day.
12-3(Did not remote start) started truck and went to change radio station but screen was frozen while music from iPod was playing. Turned key off and opened drivers door but the stereo kept playing. Had to remove battery terminal to get stereo to shut off.

12-4 Remote started truck, put key in and turned to run position.
Screen was on as well as music but screen wouldn’t allow touching of any buttons including home button. Turned truck off and opened drivers door. Display and stereo shut off. Closed door and put key back in ignition and turned to start. Radio and display came on but would not allow any touch functions. I tried to switch stations using steering wheel buttons but stereo did not respond. Shut truck off and opened the door. Stereo and display remained on. It was very icy so I couldn’t get tools out to remove battery. I put key back in and started and headed to work. On my way the stereo suddenly powered off after a few minutes, displayed the Microsoft Sync message then started working correctly.

12-20 Remote started truck, put key in and turned to run. Changed radio station. Few moments later when to adjust the heat and screen was locked up. Drove away from my house (having been tired of this happening) and in a minute or two the screen went black, then reset and loaded Microsoft Sync screen.

Old 12-22-2014, 11:40 AM
On down the highway

Received 1,671 Likes on 1,089 Posts

I heard if you pull the negative battery terminal for a minute or so...it will reset it..only thing you might lose is the mileage tracker info
Old 12-22-2014, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Truck Yeah
I heard if you pull the negative battery terminal for a minute or so...it will reset it..only thing you might lose is the mileage tracker info

That one day I had no choice but to pull the battery cable. Nothing did (shut off truck etc) worked. Really bummed out about this. Beautiful new truck and it has these issues.
Old 12-22-2014, 01:43 PM
King Hater

Received 872 Likes on 653 Posts

Have you taken it in to service? I wonder if you removed battery cables and touched them iif it would restart the system.
Old 12-24-2014, 11:14 AM
Ford Customer Service

Received 315 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by legendsplus
That one day I had no choice but to pull the battery cable. Nothing did (shut off truck etc) worked. Really bummed out about this. Beautiful new truck and it has these issues.
Hi legendsplus,

Make sure you're running the latest software by logging in at: www.Support.Ford.com

If you're already running the latest and greatest, perform a master reset by following these steps: http://support.ford.com/sync-technol...c-myford-touch This will set the system back to the default settings and make sure everything is running as smoothly as possible.

Kim
Old 12-24-2014, 02:06 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Same for me and also a 2014. I love this truck but man FMT has some serious issues. Mine crashes about 2/3 times a week and totally freezes at least once a week. I now carry a ratchet and socket every where I go so I can remove the negative terminal on battery. I'm running the latest software and I've done about 10 master resets. Good luck and let me know if anyone ever figures this out. It's the only thing that drives me nuts on this truck, otherwise this sucker is a blast to own and drive! Thx
Old 12-24-2014, 02:20 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE="Kansas Mike;3878138"]Same for me and also a 2014. I love this truck but man MFT has some serious issues. Mine crashes about 2/3 times a week and totally freezes at least once a week. I now carry a ratchet and socket every where I go so I can remove the negative terminal on battery. I'm running the latest software and I've done about 10 master resets. Good luck and let me know if anyone ever figures this out. It's the only thing that drives me nuts on this truck, otherwise this sucker is a blast to own and drive! Ford, just please send out another update to fix this.
Old 12-28-2014, 04:21 PM
Ford Customer Service

Received 315 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by Kansas Mike
Same for me and also a 2014. I love this truck but man MFT has some serious issues. Mine crashes about 2/3 times a week and totally freezes at least once a week. I now carry a ratchet and socket every where I go so I can remove the negative terminal on battery. I'm running the latest software and I've done about 10 master resets. Good luck and let me know if anyone ever figures this out. It's the only thing that drives me nuts on this truck, otherwise this sucker is a blast to own and drive! Ford, just please send out another update to fix this.
Hey Kansas Mike,

This is not normal behavior for the MyFord Touch system. Please send your VIN in a PM and link this thread. I'd like to pull up some information about the vehicle.

Kim
Old 12-29-2014, 09:25 PM

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

my ford touch has been a pain since it came out.....
Old 12-29-2014, 11:12 PM

I have a MFT in my 2014 with the latest update and it performes perfectly. I would take it to the dealer because what you are experiencing is not what I find to be normal. I actually really like mine. I do wish some of the functions like heated and cooled seats had their own physical buttons and I can't get used to the new turn signal. But my biggest issue is the lack of driver side handle to get into the truck. I would first up date the software and if you still have an issue take it in and maybe get the MFT replaced

Quick Reply: MyFord Touch freezing - 2014 F150