Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Truck's Progress - 2013 STX

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 09:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My Truck's Progress - 2013 STX

Hey all. Well I've had this truck almost a year now so I figure it's time to make a build thread. It may not be anything worthy of a magazine or featuring big dollar products, but it's my pride & joy and I think it's coming along quite nicely. Let me know what you think!

The day I took it home for a test drive last January:

Name:  3aPg3Ez.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  212.6 KB

Due to the lease transfer I was in the middle of at the time, I unfortunately had to wait two weeks to get the truck. Even tho I had already had a 2011 5.0 before, for some reason it felt like an eternity. Probably because I was coming out of a fusion.

First mod about 3 weeks after purchase, exhaust. Simply a muffler swap with early side exit. Muffler is a SOLO MR400. 4" tip. Here's a pic that kind of captures the location, and a horrible cell phone video. I need to get a good clip of the note, it sounds amazing.

My Truck's Progress - 2013 STX-gpjpuy5.jpg

View My Video

Next mod: HIDs

My Truck's Progress - 2013 STX-by2llqm.jpg

Hood wrap:

My Truck's Progress - 2013 STX-veq4wo9.jpg

Throw on the company logo for some contrast

Name:  MS8wxYs.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  84.6 KB

Stereo:

2 DD 8"s, 1600w 5channel audio pipe, 4 Pioneer 6x8s, Pioneer 3500 headunit, retained sync ports.

My Truck's Progress - 2013 STX-6j3b8wl.jpg

My Truck's Progress - 2013 STX-zp6nl8f.jpg

So then I wanted a backrack, primarily because I like the look and I wanted to have a system to run flags for football games and other events, but didn't like the BackRack pricetag, so I made my own with a buddy.

My Truck's Progress - 2013 STX-xytbqvy.jpg

My Truck's Progress - 2013 STX-8y1dtot.jpg

Latest: Black plastidipped wheels

Attachment 572583

Coming up:

Going sunday to pick up my n-fab prerunner lightbar:

http://lghttp.19690.nexcesscdn.net/8...B2009F150l.jpg

Will be wrapping the roof and tailgate stripe inbetween taillights in same matte black

need to do something with step bars, either remove or black out.

would like to get fx4 appearance package badges and do blue flame inside, or may just get ebay overlays.

want to get heads & tails, but being patient with selection. Do not want cheap ebay ones to take on water, but am not a fan of recon's prices lol.

Plan on a level/rear block kit in the near future also. Will determine what tires I want to run once I get the mini lift.

I am sure there is more in my brain, just can't think of it right now. I'll update this thread as I go. Let me know what you guys think!
Old 10-17-2013, 10:05 AM

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Truck looks good.
I plan on doing a similar wrap on my hood and plasti-dip my rims.
Did you plasti-dip the lugs?
Old 10-17-2013, 02:42 PM

Nice man. I've actually seen your truck around before (may or may not be a bills season tickets holder). That back rack is pretty trick.
Old 10-17-2013, 03:06 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Damn nice progress, I have a question where did you order the dash kit from? Im looking to place a tablet or a head unit like this one in my stx as well
Old 10-17-2013, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by mpossjr
Truck looks good.
I plan on doing a similar wrap on my hood and plasti-dip my rims.
Did you plasti-dip the lugs?
Thanks! Yes I plastidipped the lugs but ill be taking it off the lugs next week when I rotate my tires. I like the look of the silver lugs on the black wheels. Also need to cut out the ford logo on the center cap!

Originally Posted by budman90
Nice man. I've actually seen your truck around before (may or may not be a bills season tickets holder). That back rack is pretty trick.
Thanks man! and yeah Im a season ticket holder. I park in lot 1 i think? by the fieldhouse. I live in the southtowns but work in tonawanda so my truck is all over.

Originally Posted by ERod4x4
Damn nice progress, I have a question where did you order the dash kit from? Im looking to place a tablet or a head unit like this one in my stx as well
Thank you. The dashkit is from metra.
Old 10-17-2013, 08:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great looking truck! I like the hood vinyl and thanks for the dash kit advice. I asked my local shop and they said they hadn't came out yet... hah. Love the sound system... I bet those DD's hit.
Old 10-21-2013, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce302
Great looking truck! I like the hood vinyl and thanks for the dash kit advice. I asked my local shop and they said they hadn't came out yet... hah. Love the sound system... I bet those DD's hit.
thanks. the DDs sound great!

Got the lightbar today. Should be throwing some lights on tomorrow. Definitly going to black out the white part of it. Not feeling the white right now.

Quick Reply: My Truck's Progress - 2013 STX