Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my new to me 09 xlt 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 12:14 AM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Default my new to me 09 xlt 4x4

i traded my 02 mustang in on the weekend for this 09 f150 xlt screw 4x4. this is the first truck iv owned and was just woundering if anyone could tell me what size lift it has? the tires are 35" pro comps, havent measured the wheels but im guessing 20's it has a tan leather interior. i was told it was custom because leather wasnt an option for the xlt's is this true? also is there a way to tell what gears i have? i had a sct flash tuner for my stang which i returned to stock before i traded it. will it work for my new truck? will it matter if the previouse owner put a chip in it? sorry for all the questions but im a complete noob lol. its got the 5.4l v8. im pretty sure it has a k&n CAI but again im not sure... ill take a pic of the engine bay tomorrow.

The Old Ride:

The New Ride:

Old 12-07-2011, 12:16 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice Truck!
Old 12-07-2011, 12:19 AM
Not Important Enough

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Wow too bad you couldn't keep the stang too. Thats a sweet looking truck, Looks like a 6" lift. Welcome to the site
Old 12-07-2011, 12:39 AM

Location: After 20 + years in the foothills of the Sierras; I am now [back] in the south-end of Sunny SoCal!
Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

Really nice looking truck!!

Yes, as the other member opined, it looks like a 6" lift kit.

There is a site (discussed in another thread previously) where you can enter the VIN and get your orig window sticker and thus quickly determine the axle ratio; however, not sure if it will still have data from '09?

Nice pics!!
Old 12-07-2011, 01:01 AM

thanks guys, i found the original window sticker in with the manual. it says 3.55 ratio regular axel. so whats the benefits between say 3.55,3.73, and 4.10's? also anyone know if leather was an option in the xlt's? or if my tuner will work? it kinda sucks because i bought the free bama tunes for life deal off american muscle when i bought the tuner. i guess ill have to pay for some e-mail tunes?? who's everyone using for their tunes??
Old 12-07-2011, 05:34 AM

Received 118 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Rydiggs
thanks guys, i found the original window sticker in with the manual. it says 3.55 ratio regular axel. so whats the benefits between say 3.55,3.73, and 4.10's? also anyone know if leather was an option in the xlt's? or if my tuner will work? it kinda sucks because i bought the free bama tunes for life deal off american muscle when i bought the tuner. i guess ill have to pay for some e-mail tunes?? who's everyone using for their tunes??
3.55 Regular Axle? It is beyond me why any vehicle manufacturer would put a regular axle in a 4X4 instead of at the least a limited slip.....
Old 12-07-2011, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Scottsred11FX4
Wow too bad you couldn't keep the stang too.
Hell I'd get rid of a v6 Mustang for a lifted F150 any day of the week! I'd look into new gears - 3.55 on a lifted truck with big tires seems like it would seriously lag.

And what you were told is true, leather isn't a factory option on XLT's. I've actually met several people who bought chevy/gmc because they wanted a basic truck with leather, and ford makes you spend another $8k to bump up to a lariat to get leather. New truck looks nice!
Old 12-07-2011, 09:53 PM

Yeah the v6 was gutless even after I did all the work on it. It had 4:10's and was a 5 speed manual. I was getting tired of constantly shifting. I don't know if its because the trucks still new to me and the engine is so much bigger than my sixer but it moves pretty damn good with the 3.55's, then again I have nothing to compare it to.

I'm trying to figure out if my truck has synch (which I think means Bluetooth?), it has a button with a picture of a phone on it but it doesn't do anything? lol I'm almost embarrassed to ask this next question but is this a after market CAI or the stock setup? Thanks.

Old 12-08-2011, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Rydiggs
I'm trying to figure out if my truck has synch (which I think means Bluetooth?), it has a button with a picture of a phone on it but it doesn't do anything? lol I'm almost embarrassed to ask this next question but is this a after market CAI or the stock setup? Thanks.

I like the leather. I haven't seen tan leather in an XLT yet.

All the trucks have the phone button but it only works if you have Sync. You don't - you're missing the buttons that would be on the right side of your steering wheel.

As for the Intake, you definitely have a new K&N type filter, but I don't have a 5.4 to know if the piping is different.
Old 06-26-2012, 01:51 AM

Received 100 Likes on 66 Posts

Yeah that's a K&N CAI I've got a 5.4 as well and that's not the stock piping so it's definantly a whole CAI set up. I like it

Quick Reply: my new to me 09 xlt 4x4