Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My new FX4 merry Christmas to me! Pics, first impressions, mods?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2012, 02:54 PM

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Default My new FX4 merry Christmas to me! Pics, first impressions, mods?

Well here she is my new 2013 FX4 SCREW 5.0 with the 502a luxury package, nav, and moonroof. Purchased off the dealer lot, I didn't get the 3.73 diff but otherwise this is exactly how I would have spec'd it had I custom ordered one. Xplan pricing plus the year end incentives shaved $10k off MRSP.

First impressions (vs my 2010 Ram 1500 4x4)

Color - Black in this FX4 package looks badass, even the HID's are blacked out, black leather interior, black chrome center stack bezel, love it. I need to change my screen name to Darth Coolidge.

Power - This 5.0 has plenty of power off the line and seems to love the higher RPM's and pulls strong. The Ram hemi has more grunt down low but gasps for air in the higher RPM's. I see there are tons of crate 5.0 engines and SC packages for this 5.0, advantage Ford.

Interior - Fantastic, love the leather, everything laid out nicely, higher quality ***** and controls, the 8" nav/audio/climate screen is very nice. Love the guages and cluster though the needles are a tad thick. HUGE flat floor in the rear of the cab. Seats are more comfortable than the Ram. Ford did an excellent job on storage, the FX4 has a storage space or cubby hole for all my stuff and more. The Ram was poorly designed in that regard, I ended up stuffing half my stuff into the cup holders. Overall its not even a contest, big advantage Ford.

Wheels - I love these 18" FX4 wheels. I have ranted about factory wheels being ugly for years so this was a nice plus. I had 20" wheels on my Ram, just not my thing. If I could stuff the 17" Raptor wheels and tires on this I would, I'm a small wheel BIG tire guy. Ram wheels were flat out ugly advantage Ford.

Handling - Precise really liking this and that's with the factory tires. Ram pushed in corners with the factory tires, better with the Firestone replacements but I had to steer the Ram constantly where the Ford just tracks down the road without a lot of input. Ford is stiffer in the rear, the Ram had coil springs in the rear BUT compared to my 2004 F150 which bounced all over the place in the rear and its bed wiggle this FX4 is way better. Maybe because the FX4 is a SCREW and the 2004 was a SCAB. Anway overall big advantage Ford over the Ram.

HID's - hell yeah, I could barely see at night in the Ram and that's with running both the low beams and fogs. These HID's are incredible, the high beams are unreal I can light up several blocks in front fo me. They are so powerful the FX4 fogs you can hardly tell they are on lmao!

Overall compared to the RAM the FX4 is just way nicer everywhere.

Issues: bottom of all four doors need paint, body shop is going to take care of that. They are going to shoot the rear wheel wells also which are not bad but why not.

MODS:

1. Rear wheel well liners PURCHASED!
2. Gas pressure washer PURCHASED!
3. LineX SCHEDULED
4. Bedrug
5. 3M bra dealer wants $995?
Old 12-25-2012, 03:01 PM

I had a strong dislike of the 2013 F150 grills except the FX4's which looks great!

Love it

I'll photoshop some black wheels on this but these factory wheels look nice. Almost a stainless look to them that doesn't show that well in the photo. My brother thought the same thing.

Ahaha I modded my new house with an FX4

Old 12-25-2012, 03:04 PM

Received 117 Likes on 103 Posts

Looks awesome man. Interior pics?
Old 12-25-2012, 03:16 PM

Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by coolidge
Well here she is my new 2013 FX4 SCREW 5.0 with the 502a luxury package, nav, and moonroof. Purchased off the dealer lot, I didn't get the 3.73 diff but otherwise this is exactly how I would have spec'd it had I custom ordered one. Xplan pricing plus the year end incentives shaved $10k off MRSP.

First impressions (vs my 2010 Ram 1500 4x4)

Color - Black in this FX4 package looks badass, even the HID's are blacked out, black leather interior, black chrome center stack bezel, love it. I need to change my screen name to Darth Coolidge.

Power - This 5.0 has plenty of power off the line and seems to love the higher RPM's and pulls strong. The Ram hemi has more grunt down low but gasps for air in the higher RPM's. I see there are tons of crate 5.0 engines and SC packages for this 5.0, advantage Ford.

Interior - Fantastic, love the leather, everything laid out nicely, higher quality ***** and controls, the 8" nav/audio/climate screen is very nice. Love the guages and cluster though the needles are a tad thick. HUGE flat floor in the rear of the cab. Seats are more comfortable than the Ram. Ford did an excellent job on storage, the FX4 has a storage space or cubby hole for all my stuff and more. The Ram was poorly designed in that regard, I ended up stuffing half my stuff into the cup holders. Overall its not even a contest, big advantage Ford.

Wheels - I love these 18" FX4 wheels. I have ranted about factory wheels being ugly for years so this was a nice plus. I had 20" wheels on my Ram, just not my thing. If I could stuff the 17" Raptor wheels and tires on this I would, I'm a small wheel BIG tire guy. Ram wheels were flat out ugly advantage Ford.

Handling - Precise really liking this and that's with the factory tires. Ram pushed in corners with the factory tires, better with the Firestone replacements but I had to steer the Ram constantly where the Ford just tracks down the road without a lot of input. Ford is stiffer in the rear, the Ram had coil springs in the rear BUT compared to my 2004 F150 which bounced all over the place in the rear and its bed wiggle this FX4 is way better. Maybe because the FX4 is a SCREW and the 2004 was a SCAB. Anway overall big advantage Ford over the Ram.

HID's - hell yeah, I could barely see at night in the Ram and that's with running both the low beams and fogs. These HID's are incredible, the high beams are unreal I can light up several blocks in front fo me. They are so powerful the FX4 fogs you can hardly tell they are on lmao!

Overall compared to the RAM the FX4 is just way nicer everywhere.

Issues: bottom of all four doors need paint, body shop is going to take care of that. They are going to shoot the rear wheel wells also which are not bad but why not.

MODS:

1. Rear wheel well liners PURCHASED!
2. Gas pressure washer PURCHASED!
3. LineX SCHEDULED
4. Bedrug
5. 3M bra dealer wants $995?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I could've sworn that all fx4's came with 3.73 standard. Nice truck btw!
Old 12-25-2012, 03:26 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I suggest these wheels :p they are what I'm getting.

Nice truck.
Attached Thumbnails My new FX4 merry Christmas to me! Pics, first impressions, mods?-image-1848616222.jpg  
Old 12-25-2012, 03:28 PM

Received 1,180 Likes on 1,070 Posts

nice truck!!
Old 12-25-2012, 03:35 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Nice truck!
Old 12-25-2012, 03:35 PM
crockett56

Received 58 Likes on 41 Posts

That's a good-looking truck! Thank's for showing.
Old 12-25-2012, 03:37 PM

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Very Nice....................
Old 12-25-2012, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by blyons808
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I could've sworn that all fx4's came with 3.73 standard. Nice truck btw!
Thanks. 3.73 is standard on an ecoboost, 3.55 is standard on the 5.0 but 3.73 is available as an option.

Quick Reply: My new FX4 merry Christmas to me! Pics, first impressions, mods?