Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my 2013 STX got hit!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 02:06 PM

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Default my 2013 STX got hit!!!

Just need to vent. I've only had the thing for two weeks less than 1k miles and two teenage girls pull out of a parking lot and run into the rear passenger tire.

Any advice as to what i should make sure the dealer looks for as far as damage? I know the rim and tire are shot.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:14 PM
Five-0 Ret.

Received 674 Likes on 578 Posts

I understand, sometimes you just have to let it out. I would say they need to check the frame alignment if they hit the tire directly. I'm sure they will check the axel alignment. Good luck.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:23 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn that sucks... Time to trade it in....
Old 03-26-2013, 07:21 PM

Well it looks like it was hit square on the wheel no body damage.
I want to take it back to the deal but they are 60 miles away. I think I'm going to have it towed. Any thoughts on this.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:26 PM
Retired and loving it!

Received 536 Likes on 398 Posts

Originally Posted by losttime
Well it looks like it was hit square on the wheel no body damage.
I want to take it back to the deal but they are 60 miles away. I think I'm going to have it towed. Any thoughts on this.
Well, there"s only one person on this forum who knows how HARD you were hit. Did it bounce you across one lane or two, or just slide you sideways a bit?
You can erase a tire really fast if you continue to drive it if one of the rear tires is a bit sideways.
Perhaps have someone drive it very slowly with you watching from behind. Any gross misalignment of the tire they hit, you should be able to see.....If there is an alignment shop near you, take it there, and have them put it into their rack. They should be able to tell you what's up with your frame and/or tire.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:29 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Originally Posted by sterlingone
Well, there"s only one person on this forum who knows how HARD you were hit. Did it bounce you across one lane or two, or just slide you sideways a bit?
You can erase a tire really fast if you continue to drive it if one of the rear tires is a bit sideways.
Perhaps have someone drive it very slowly with you watching from behind. Any gross misalignment of the tire they hit, you should be able to see.....If there is an alignment shop near you, take it there, and have them put it into their rack. They should be able to tell you what's up with your frame and/or tire.

Ditto what he said^ take it to an alignment shop and ask them to do a (Thrust angle alignment check), that will tell you if they knocked the rear axle out of whack. Gonna need a new rim and tire first obviously.

P.S. I feel your pain, my truck got beat to hell from a hail storm 3rd week in my driveway. $2,200.00 worth.

Now looks good as new thanks to the PDR techs at local body shop.

Last edited by RLXXI; 03-26-2013 at 07:34 PM.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:45 PM

Thanks guys,
The hit did knock the back end into the other lane and part of her bumper is wedged inbettween the tire and the rim. I'm going to have it towed to the dealer tomorrow.
Time for a scotch!
Old 03-26-2013, 07:58 PM
Shambling Mockery of Man

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

SHEEE-IT, time for some straight vodka! (OK, so any time is time for straight vodka for me, but whatevs). Sorry about the truck, good job not committing a double murder, though! Excellent restraint!

Quick Reply: my 2013 STX got hit!!!