Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

modded base model pics?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 11:15 PM
HOPEFUL

Received 266 Likes on 197 Posts

Default modded base model pics?

I see LOTS of pics of STX, XLT and LARIAT trucks.
but what about the XL's?
you know the ones, they are the work trucks on every construction site and in Uhaul's parking lot. 95% of them are white and they have the goofy looking textured black grille and black upper bumper cover with argent gray painted bumpers. yea, those.

does anyone actually take the time to mod them to make em stand out from the crowd? if so I'd love to see some pics of those trucks.
I am fairly sure that my extremely small purchase budget is going to force me into an XL model, so seeing some pics might help me feel better about my mis-matched grille/bumper combo.
Old 04-24-2012, 11:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ARe you buying new or used? Could get an 09 fx4 for a good price
Old 04-24-2012, 11:23 PM

Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts

Sounds like u don't really want an XL. My advice to u would be to save up and get something that u actually want. Trust me, it sucks driving something u don't want everyday. An to answer ur question about modded XL trucks: they are out there, just rare. Most people get them to use as a pure work truck and don't see the point in spending the money to make them stand out. I agree with Materk. Look for an older model, u can probably get a nice FX4 or XLT for the price of a new XL
Old 04-25-2012, 12:39 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Come to Colorado. Almost all the XL's I see around here are on construction sites sitting on 22's with weird AutoZone Sticker emblems that say 4x4 or Limited. Goofy people own them trucks. Don't get me started on the weird rainbow window tint they have. Lol.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:45 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Been working on my XL very slowly but I do like it.
It used to have a construction black grill and the valance under it. I painted it. Had clear windows, tinted now. Painted the tail light edges. Added 6k HID kit. It did have a chrome package. Had it lowered and in the next 3 weeks the front will get lowered more. Added the side turn markers where the badge was. Added a tonneau and made a custom tent that attaches to it.

Old 04-25-2012, 12:49 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Fiveprices5
Been working on my XL very slowly but I do like it.
It used to have a construction black grill and the valance under it. I painted it. Had clear windows, tinted now. Painted the tail light edges. Added 6k HID kit. It did have a chrome package. Had it lowered and in the next 3 weeks the front will get lowered more. Added the side turn markers where the badge was. Added a tonneau and made a custom tent that attaches to it.
Very nice truck man. Just by looking at it I wouldn't of guessed it was an XL
Old 04-25-2012, 12:52 AM

Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by DanPJR
Very nice truck man. Just by looking at it I wouldn't of guessed it was an XL
I agree. Looks more like an XLT
Old 04-25-2012, 12:54 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Wrong generation, right trim level

Here is a good example of a modded xl - 06 4x4 (not white). This truck has been amazing, and definitely served its purpose as a work truck. Vinyl interior is a life saver. Worked for 5 years as a landscaping truck pulling a trailer and loaded with materials and debris 5 days a week. Not to mention countless moving jobs and favors for friends.
Attached Thumbnails modded base model pics?-wp_000379.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 04-25-2012, 01:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fiveprices5
Added a tonneau and made a custom tent that attaches to it.

I had been pondering an idea something like this. Is that canvas? More details/pics? About to look to see if you have a thread on this.
EDIT: Found other thread. I'll post questions there.

Last edited by Mountain gator; 04-25-2012 at 01:54 AM. Reason: Don't want to get off topic
Old 04-25-2012, 02:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2012 XL 4x4. It's gem green. I am having new wheels and tires put on tomorrow and will post some pics. I wanted the STX but could not get that model with the green so I will probably end up painting the grill and bumpers or add and aftermarket grill to achieve the look I want. The vinyl seats and floors were one of my major reasons for choosing the XL. Between work and hunting I did not want carpet or cloth seats.

Quick Reply: modded base model pics?