Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Missing piece of Option: Power Equipment Group

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 05:39 PM

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Default Missing piece of Option: Power Equipment Group

I have the copy of the window sticker that came with my truck. One of the listed options was: "Drivers Package: Power Equipment Group- $795.

This packaged is suppose to include:
85A Power Equipment Group - $795
Remote power locks speed sensing; Front power windows with one one-touch; Illuminated entry system; Headlight control with time delay switch-off and dusk sensor; Driver and passenger power door mirrors

But, there is no Time Delayed head light control. I have no idea what the dusk sensor is but assume it's not there either. If this is part of the package, why would it not be installed? Do the assembly line guys just get to pick and choose what to install, regardless of what the order calls for?
Old 11-21-2011, 05:43 PM

Received 99 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Kensterfly
I have the copy of the window sticker that came with my truck. One of the listed options was: "Drivers Package: Power Equipment Group- $795.

Remote power locks speed sensing; Front power windows with one one-touch; Illuminated entry system; Headlight control with time delay switch-off and dusk sensor; Driver and passenger power door mirrors

But, there is no Time Delayed head light control. I have no idea what the dusk sensor is but assume it's not there either. If this is part of the package, why would it not be installed? Do the assembly line guys just get to pick and choose what to install, regardless of what the order calls for?
Do you have automatic headlights?
Old 11-21-2011, 05:46 PM
Just Another Member

Received 187 Likes on 127 Posts

I think the dusk sensor adjusts the brightness of the instrument panel. And the headlights turn off after a delay when you shut the truck down.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:55 PM

Is the auto headlights separate from the timed delay headlight shutoff? I have daytime running lights. Why would I need the headlights to come on automatically when it gets dark (except for turning on the taillights, too.) I've tried leaving the headlights on when I shut down the truck and they just stay on forever. The headlight switch is just Off/Park/On. Shouldn't there be another setting for delayed or auto?

Where is the dusk sensor located?
Old 11-21-2011, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Theocoog
I think the dusk sensor adjusts the brightness of the instrument panel. And the headlights turn off after a delay when you shut the truck down.
dusk sensor turns on and off the auto headlights. Brightness is user adjustable.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:57 PM
"Hold My $tone$"

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Have you scrolled thru all the options available to your truck?

Betcha there is a time delay option for your headlights.

Something like:

<off> <on> <10 sec> <30 sec>

At least there is with my cheapo '10 XLT, and I don't have half the options you listed.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:58 PM

Is the auto headlights separate from the timed delay headlight shutoff? I have daytime running lights. Why would I need the headlights to come on automatically when it gets dark (except for turning on the taillights, too.) I've tried leaving the headlights on when I shut down the truck and they just stay on forever. The headlight switch is just Off/Park/On. Shouldn't there be another setting for delayed or auto?

Where is the dusk sensor located?
Near as I can tell, if you don't have auto headlights, you don't have any of that option group.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:59 PM
Just Another Member

Received 187 Likes on 127 Posts

Dusk sensor is on top, center of the dash. Or so I was told by dealer. Don't know about your headlights questions-I don't have DRLs, so our trucks are obviously different.
Old 11-21-2011, 06:02 PM
Limp Member

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts

Leaving the headlight switch in the auto-on position, the dusk sensor (got NO idea where it is, possibly the little bump in the middle-top of the dash up next to the windshield?) turns the headlights off and on appropriately on my `11 FX2.

The time-delay switch-off is the delay AFTER you turn of the ignition. IIRC, you can program it for 5, 15 or 30 seconds. Allows you to get to the door with some light. Yes, they are separate functions.

DRLs do NOT have the headlights on at full power during the day. I can't tell you how many people I've seen running around at night with only the DRLs because they think it's no different than turnin' the lights on.

Last edited by panthercity; 11-21-2011 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Addendumbs
Old 11-21-2011, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by EricTheOracle
Near as I can tell, if you don't have auto headlights, you don't have any of that option group.
Eric, I have every single thing listed in that option EXCEPT the time delay switch. Everything else is there. Power windows. Power mirrors. Illumination package (headlights, tail lights and interior lights come on when I use the remote to unlock the truck at night.)

Quick Reply: Missing piece of Option: Power Equipment Group