Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Misfire issues hellllp

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2019, 05:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Misfire issues hellllp

Hi, I have a 2011 Ecoboost. Truck has 106k, I have non catted y pipes and a sct tuner with custom mpt tunes. Truck ran good for about a month then started throwing misfire codes so I replaced all spark plugs gapped at .32 as well as new msd coil packs. I immediately seen improvements on acceleration and my mpg went up as well. Now when I go into hard acceleration it’s throwing the misfire codes as well as the truck running lean. I have seen where guys are drilling a weep hole in the bottom of the intercooler and was wanting some more info on this. I reached out to a friend that is a mechanic and he was saying that doing this will result in loss of boost. Any facts to verify that will happen? When I return the truck back to stock I’m not having issues. It only acts up when I have the tune installed. Being that it only does this with the tune installed and it throwing a lean code if the lift pump isn’t supply the high pressure fuel pump with enough fuel be a possible issue? Again I’m tired of having this issue and looking for any info on this issue. Thanks
Old 04-26-2019, 09:30 AM

Received 2,102 Likes on 1,725 Posts

Sounds like a question you should ask MPT.
Old 04-26-2019, 09:54 AM
King Hater

Received 872 Likes on 653 Posts

You need to contact MPT.

Drill the weep hole. Thousands of ecoboost owners have done it with good results. You will not notice any boost loss as the hole is 1/16"

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...oost+weep+hole
Old 04-26-2019, 10:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Contacted them this morning. They have suggested that I clean some sensors and see if that helps

Quick Reply: Misfire issues hellllp