Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Michelin Edgeliner floor liners - review

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2017, 05:58 PM

Received 310 Likes on 238 Posts
Default Michelin Edgeliner floor liners - review

I'll be using this thread to review the Michelin Edgeliner floor liners for our trucks. I have a Supercrew so I got the front and rear sections to look at. I will do an initial review and then update the thread as the months go by.

I'll begin by stating that I've used Husky liners and WeatherTech liners in my 4x4s in the past, and I had the Ford optional floor liners in my F-150 up until today.

The Ford liners are good. They are made of thick rubber, have pins on the drivers front to keep them from moving around, and generally hold mud and snow and slush pretty well. However, they are very lacking in coverage with many areas of the carpet exposed to the elements, most notably the carpet adjacent to all of the door sills, the carpet at the "hump" in the rear center seating position, and the carpet under the accel pedal where your foot always rests.

So, I was looking at the WeatherTech liners again, because I had a good experience with those in the past. In a stroke of luck, I was offered to review these Michelins and see how I like them. I had never heard of them before. But I'm always up to try something new! So The Brown Truck dropped them off today, and the fun begins!

As soon as I unboxed the Michelin Edgeliners, I immediately noticed that they have far better carpet coverage. The difference is clear. They added holes on the front driver's liner that match up perfectly with the factory retainer pins in the floor. This is a nice touch and will keep the liner from moving up under the pedals. The carpet under the accel pedal is now protected too, which is awesome! The liners run up under the dash pretty far, so feel free to let your significant other stretch those snow covered boots out and get comfy. In the rear, the center hump has more coverage and is protected better compared to the Ford liners. Did I mention that I LOVE how the ingress/egress carpet along the door sills is now fully protected? Before, that area of the carpet would stay muddy and nasty. No longer! Every part of the carpet that your feet can touch is now protected by the Edgeliners, whereas the Ford liners did not cover it all.

The fit is excellent...better than Husky, somewhat better than WeatherTech also in my opinion. Nice firm fit in the front and rear. The materials seem to be heavy duty and have a nice tactile feel to them. This should prevent wet boots from slipping on them. They are molded deeper as well, which will hold more water, slush, snow, and mud until you get the chance to hose them off. They look awesome and fit like a glove!

My truck sees mud, gravel, snow, and lots of rain. We get below zero temps in winter, and above 100 in the summer. I'll really put these Michelin Edgeliner floor liners to the test in the coming months, and I'll update this thread periodically with unbiased opinion. My initial thought is, I love them. These are sweet!
Attached Thumbnails Michelin Edgeliner floor liners - review-driveredge.jpg   Michelin Edgeliner floor liners - review-accelpedal.jpg   Michelin Edgeliner floor liners - review-frontunboxing.jpg   Michelin Edgeliner floor liners - review-rearunboxing.jpg   Michelin Edgeliner floor liners - review-retainers.jpg  

Michelin Edgeliner floor liners - review-rearedge.jpg   Michelin Edgeliner floor liners - review-rearcenterhump.jpg   Michelin Edgeliner floor liners - review-rear.jpg   Michelin Edgeliner floor liners - review-passengercoverage.jpg  
Old 01-12-2017, 06:05 PM

Received 3,928 Likes on 2,509 Posts

I don't like how they look, but they seem to provide pretty good coverage.
Old 01-12-2017, 07:42 PM

Received 310 Likes on 238 Posts

Yeah I suppose looks are subjective. But I do really love the coverage and fit of these. Here's a quick video review. Can't wait to get some mileage and use on these.

The following users liked this post:
IB Cristina (03-20-2017)
Old 01-12-2017, 09:09 PM

Received 114 Likes on 79 Posts

What was the cost versus the WeatherTech?
Old 01-12-2017, 09:48 PM

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts

I like my Lund Carpet Catch All mats for the front. They are similar to Bedrug material and sop up the wet stuff.
Old 01-12-2017, 10:10 PM

Received 3,928 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Originally Posted by Wannafbody
I like my Lund Carpet Catch All mats for the front. They are similar to Bedrug material and sop up the wet stuff.
I'm partial to Husky X-act Contours. I ran Weatertechs in my 2006 and 2011, but swapped to X-act Contours in my 2014 and 2017.
Old 01-18-2017, 03:31 PM
F150 Forum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ibcop
What was the cost versus the WeatherTech?
Glad you like them! This complete set runs $349.98. Just the fronts are $149.99.
Old 01-18-2017, 03:45 PM
TOTM November 2019

Received 11,580 Likes on 6,196 Posts

Ouch, front and rear Weathertech are $210 for a Supercrew.......I dont see a $140 difference.
The following users liked this post:
BCMIF150 (01-19-2017)
Old 01-19-2017, 09:15 AM

Received 128 Likes on 99 Posts

hope they are better than the universial michelin mats sold at costco. they work ok in the summer but they get rather stiff in the winter. I had them in my ranger and had a hard time getting them out to dump snow and ice.

I tried weathertech in my F150 for about a week untill my Husky X-Act contours came, the weathertech mats don't come close to the Huskys. super nice mat, always flexable, have awesome coverage and the driver side even had the pin holes to snap on to the retaining pins.
Old 01-19-2017, 02:24 PM
F150 Forum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Summers22
Ouch, front and rear Weathertech are $210 for a Supercrew.......I dont see a $140 difference.
We think the biggest difference isn't in the look, but the performance. EdgeLiners are softer and more flexible than other liners and won't warp or peel away from the walls in the weather.