Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Max Tow Package

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 02:25 PM

Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts

Default Max Tow Package

Just curious to figure out what makes the max tow package different from the regular tow package. I know it has tow mirrors, 3.73 gears, and is able to tow more weight, but I wanna know why this is possible. My truck didn't come with a tow package and I wanna put one on in the near future. Am I able to install a max tow package on my supercab? or is it only available on the screw? Please excuse my ignorance towards this subject, but I am new to towing so idk much.

Thanks in advance!
Old 02-14-2012, 02:48 PM
Captain Stringer

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

It is available on the SuperCab. I didn't know that the package is setup so the truck could tow more; I thought it was just a package that includes the tow mirrors, brake controller, and hitch. I'd say that you'd probably be able to put in on yours considering I'd think the hardest thing to do would be installing the brake control.
Old 02-14-2012, 02:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What about the 9.75" ring gear rear axle? That may be part of the package as well.
Old 02-14-2012, 02:54 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by blyons808
Just curious to figure out what makes the max tow package different from the regular tow package. I know it has tow mirrors, 3.73 gears, and is able to tow more weight, but I wanna know why this is possible. My truck didn't come with a tow package and I wanna put one on in the near future. Am I able to install a max tow package on my supercab? or is it only available on the screw? Please excuse my ignorance towards this subject, but I am new to towing so idk much.

Thanks in advance!
Not ignorance at all, just confusing information. If you have an Eboost with a 373 rear end, the max tow package adds mirrors and an electronic brake controller, Thats it. BTW the mirrors are unnecessary my boat is 8.6 feet wide, I can see around it with the regular mirrors just fine! The brake controller is very useful if you have a very heavy trailer with electric brakes. Essentially all boat trailers have surge brakes thus the trailer controller is not used.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:06 PM
FX4 SCrew TT'd V6

Received 125 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Hondafan
Not ignorance at all, just confusing information. If you have an Eboost with a 373 rear end, the max tow package adds mirrors and an electronic brake controller, Thats it. BTW the mirrors are unnecessary my boat is 8.6 feet wide, I can see around it with the regular mirrors just fine! The brake controller is very useful if you have a very heavy trailer with electric brakes. Essentially all boat trailers have surge brakes thus the trailer controller is not used.
So a Eboost FX4 with luxury package is only missing the tow mirrors?
Old 02-14-2012, 03:06 PM

Received 374 Likes on 228 Posts

The Max Tow also has a heavier suspension and boosts your payload rating by up to 500lbs.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:08 PM

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Wouldn't that be the hd payload package
Old 02-14-2012, 03:25 PM

Received 374 Likes on 228 Posts

Originally Posted by summertop511
Wouldn't that be the hd payload package
The HD Payload package adds another 500lbs on top of the Max Tow's added payload.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blyons808

Thanks in advance!
I just ordered my 2012 FX4 with the Max trailer tow package and it does not come with the tow mirrors, but this is what it does come with

- Class iv trailer hitch receiver
- 7-pin wiring harness
- Upgraded radiator
- Auxiliary transmission oil cooler,
- trailer brake controller
- and upgraded rear bumper

The trailer tow package comes with everything mentioned above except the trailer brake controller and upgraded rear bumper
Old 02-14-2012, 03:59 PM

Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by AR44-FX4-EB

I just ordered my 2012 FX4 with the Max trailer tow package and it does not come with the tow mirrors, but this is what it does come with

- Class iv trailer hitch receiver
- 7-pin wiring harness
- Upgraded radiator
- Auxiliary transmission oil cooler,
- trailer brake controller
- and upgraded rear bumper

The trailer tow package comes with everything mentioned above except the trailer brake controller and upgraded rear bumper
What exactly is an "upgraded rear bumper"?

Quick Reply: Max Tow Package