Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which magnaflow part number are you guys using?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2018, 05:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Which magnaflow part number are you guys using?

Looking to put an 18" magnaflow on my truck, and am wondering which one you guys are using... Was gonna go with flowmaster but decided I like the magnaflow sound better.

2011 F150 XTR Supercab
Old 08-08-2018, 06:31 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Originally Posted by audioclock
Looking to put an 18" magnaflow on my truck, and am wondering which one you guys are using... Was gonna go with flowmaster but decided I like the magnaflow sound better.

2011 F150 XTR Supercab
This is the system I went with, got it due to it's ease of install. Did it in my driveway in about an hour, includes time to remove factory system. Fits all engines 2011-2014 except 3.5TT.

The following users liked this post:
Magna_Flow (08-16-2018)
Old 08-08-2018, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Rnlcomp
This is the system I went with, got it due to it's ease of install. Did it in my driveway in about an hour, includes time to remove factory system. Fits all engines 2011-2014 except 3.5TT.

Thanks for the reply. Not looking to do a full kit tho, just the muffler and remove resonator!
Old 08-08-2018, 06:39 PM

Received 226 Likes on 158 Posts

12249. It's an 18". I removed my res too.

This isn't an exhaust video (it's a video I just posted on here to show a problem I'm having, but you can kind of hear what it sounds like so I figured I might as well post it here so you can hear it)

Edit: I guess I had some videos of it, better than nothing

Last edited by kbrock; 08-08-2018 at 06:44 PM.
Old 08-08-2018, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by kbrock
12249. It's an 18". I removed my res too.

This isn't an exhaust video (it's a video I just posted on here to show a problem I'm having, but you can kind of hear what it sounds like so I figured I might as well post it here so you can hear it)

https://youtu.be/dDyKodl4gLM

Edit: I guess I had some videos of it, better than nothing

https://youtu.be/pEdKmDU4BTU

https://youtu.be/gXGzCOaXuV8
Is the FX4 the same as XTR tho? I thought they had different exhaust systems.
Old 08-08-2018, 06:55 PM

Is the FX4 the same as XTR tho? I thought they had different exhaust systems.
Nope. Exhausts are the same on all coyotes, and I believe they might even be the same across different engines, too. XL 5.0s have the same exhaust as limited 5.0s.

For a res delete, I just bought a 2009-2010 f150 mid pipe and replaced my res on my '13. Bolted right up (get the right wheel base), just get some exhaust clamps for where they meet and you're golden.

It isn't stainless steel, but my exhaust already has rust on it, made no sense to spend like 200 on stainless steel when my stock one isn't. Galvanized aluminum is good enough for me, and the mid pipe only cost like $55 shipped
Old 08-08-2018, 07:06 PM

Nope. Exhausts are the same on all coyotes, and I believe they might even be the same across different engines, too. XL 5.0s have the same exhaust as limited 5.0s.

For a res delete, I just bought a 2009-2010 f150 mid pipe and replaced my res on my '13. Bolted right up (get the right wheel base), just get some exhaust clamps for where they meet and you're golden.

It isn't stainless steel, but my exhaust already has rust on it, made no sense to spend like 200 on stainless steel when my stock one isn't. Galvanized aluminum is good enough for me, and the mid pipe only cost like $55 shipped
That's awesome! Thank for your help. I work in a shop so I'll have no issues fabricating and getting any piping or clamps I'll need. Not sure why there's an endless amount of magnaflow muffler options when I punch in my truck info on magnaflows website. Makes finding the right one a pain.
Old 08-08-2018, 07:10 PM

That's awesome! Thank for your help. I work in a shop so I'll have no issues fabricating and getting any piping or clamps I'll need. Not sure why there's an endless amount of magnaflow muffler options when I punch in my truck info on magnaflows website. Makes finding the right one a pain.
I agree. I saw someone else suggest it so I just went with it. Sounded really good with no res but was way too quiet. Perfect with no res. Would love to go roush but I don't want the extra attention down at college (from cops who love to pull you over), and I don't want to wake my neighbors up when I get home late at night or wake up early to go for school, so it's a perfect middle ground. Certainly louder on startup in the winter, though
Old 08-08-2018, 07:32 PM

I agree. I saw someone else suggest it so I just went with it. Sounded really good with no res but was way too quiet. Perfect with no res. Would love to go roush but I don't want the extra attention down at college (from cops who love to pull you over), and I don't want to wake my neighbors up when I get home late at night or wake up early to go for school, so it's a perfect middle ground. Certainly louder on startup in the winter, though
Yeah I'm sure in Canadian winters it'll rumble nice on start up. I always thought these Ford's were 2.5" center in 2.5" offset out. I just got it a week ago tho and had a Ram before so I have no idea really.
Old 08-08-2018, 07:38 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Quick Reply: Which magnaflow part number are you guys using?