Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lowering options for 4x4?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2016, 01:04 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Lowering options for 4x4?

I have a 2010 Lariat Supercrew 4x4 that I am looking to lower. So far the only kits I am finding from companies are 2/4 or 2/3 drops. I would like to get a 3/5 drop but only seen them for 2wd trucks. After doing some searches on here, I did find that some people have done 3/5 or even lower drops on a 4x4 but was unable to see what they used or if it was ok to do so on a 4x4 (mainly concerned about this part). Appreciate the help.
Old 03-10-2016, 01:32 PM

Received 152 Likes on 130 Posts

Default Lowering options for 4x4?

Don't wanna sound like and *** but why lower a 4x4. I know the 4x4 have a taller stance. Have you looked at belltech. I'll look around and see if I can find some options

http://www.belltech.com/products/bel...-kits.html?p=2

Last edited by alpinestar1123; 03-10-2016 at 01:34 PM.
Old 03-10-2016, 01:42 PM

Received 103 Likes on 82 Posts

You came to the right place to get yelled at for "sacrilege". That's what happened when I asked the same question a while back. It seems a LOT of these guys connect their "manlyness" to the height of their truck. I have a FX4 and I would like to drop it 3" in front, and 4" in the rear. A belltech lowering kit will get you down to the area you want to be. The problems are as follows: in the front, the shorter shocks and springs work fine, but you quickly run out of adjustments for alignment, and the half shafts are running at pretty severe angles. NO ONE make a lowering spindle for a 09-14 F150 4x4. Period. In the rear, you have to do an axle flip to get 5" of drop. The problems are: The shorter shocks turn the ride into an old Dodge powerwagon, and you must do an awful lot of messing with shims to get the pinion angle correct. Lastly, you may or may not have to shorten your driveshaft. If your willing to put in the time and money- it can be done, but ask yourself how bad you want to do it. I ultimely said the heck with it, and just left it stock!
Old 03-10-2016, 02:20 PM

Received 152 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by elfiero
You came to the right place to get yelled at for "sacrilege". That's what happened when I asked the same question a while back. It seems a LOT of these guys connect their "manlyness" to the height of their truck. I have a FX4 and I would like to drop it 3" in front, and 4" in the rear. A belltech lowering kit will get you down to the area you want to be. The problems are as follows: in the front, the shorter shocks and springs work fine, but you quickly run out of adjustments for alignment, and the half shafts are running at pretty severe angles. NO ONE make a lowering spindle for a 09-14 F150 4x4. Period. In the rear, you have to do an axle flip to get 5" of drop. The problems are: The shorter shocks turn the ride into an old Dodge powerwagon, and you must do an awful lot of messing with shims to get the pinion angle correct. Lastly, you may or may not have to shorten your driveshaft. If your willing to put in the time and money- it can be done, but ask yourself how bad you want to do it. I ultimely said the heck with it, and just left it stock!
Yea I didn't wanna sound like that guy either just asking why lol I'm just waiting for the replies where people get stupid with there remarks. I did a 3/4 drop on my 08 2wd and like you said it rode like crap. Also had a clicking noise when I shifted into drive and reverse since the rear blocks were removed.

Quick Reply: Lowering options for 4x4?