Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Line-X interior floor- photos?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 08:15 PM

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Line-X interior floor- photos?

Has anyone Line-X'd or Rino-Lined their interior floor? I know its not a flat floor & often not very pretty to look at when its all removed. Plus, their would be some wiring covers that would need to be made, etc.. but I'm curious if anyone has done this?

I see Jeep guys do it all the time, but thats a totally different animal. My only real concern would be additional noise on the open highway and of course re-sale. (I already pulled my carpet and now using a vinyl kit that has been great.. just whisk-broom it out).

Any photos or experience would be appreciated.
Old 08-19-2014, 10:56 AM

OK, im guessing nobody has done this since no response....

My question would be to you guys (& gals) is how this would effect my "resale"?

Curious in knowing how many of you would walk away (or run) from a F150 that had a Line-X'd interior floor (i.e.-no carpet) if shopping for a used truck?
Attached Thumbnails Line-X interior floor- photos?-rhino-ed.jpg  
Old 08-19-2014, 11:05 AM

Received 171 Likes on 127 Posts

the noise should actually be less, as the lining should act, in part, as a vibration dampener kinda like dynamat (but not quite).

Regarding resale value, personally I would not consider a truck with the lining and no interior carpet. first thought is the guy NEEDED the lining, and as such would lead me to believe that he had it constantly wet and messy. How did it get messy? was he mud bogging it and the water got into the cabin that way? how high was the water, what electronics got wet, how hard was it driven? or the worst question: what did he cover up that required spray on lining to be needed?

even if this quasi worst case scenario is not true.... it is what i would think as people in general are not honest at all now a days so you have to assume the worst to protect yourself now. If you could still make the carpet work and everything on top of the lining and it look like normal, then I'd do it. but if the interior all comes out (well, mostly) then you will vastly chop a segment of buyers, myself included.

Good luck though
The following users liked this post:
RESQLAB (08-19-2014)
Old 08-19-2014, 11:09 AM

Received 135 Likes on 122 Posts

I can't imagine doing this to a truck as new as 2009? Maybe an old beater farm truck or "hunter's special" but not one in otherwise nice condition...
The following 2 users liked this post by DirtDawg:
RESQLAB (08-19-2014), yotehunter (08-19-2014)
Old 08-19-2014, 11:35 AM

I think I will go talk to my friend who is the G.M. at my Ford dealership and ask what his response would be to a trade-in vehicle that has had this done to it?

thanks for the help in what "outsiders" would think. personally, i simply get tired of snow, dirt, dog hair, etc. that pile up and like a more utilitarian vehicle. Hence, my reason for considering the Line-X.

i miss the old days of FJ60's Land Cruisers or SUV & trucks w/o a bunch of extra stuff tacked on. Give me a manual transfer case & hubs, manual interior controls, etc... just the basics please. Lower cost but hight quality vehicle w/serious off-road ability & reliability.

Last edited by RESQLAB; 08-19-2014 at 11:40 AM.
Old 08-19-2014, 11:41 AM
Look Around You

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wouldn't buy a truck with a line-x'd and no carpet interior like that. Just like Torinalth I would fear what necessitated them throwing away the carpet and line-x'ing the interior like that. If it was some old beater Jeep Wrangler I might look at it as a bonus but not on a new truck.
The following users liked this post:
RESQLAB (08-19-2014)
Old 08-19-2014, 11:45 AM

Received 90 Likes on 71 Posts

I wouldn't want a line-x'd floor unless it was for a work truck. But I would love to do a carpet delete. Never understood carpet in a vehicle.
Old 08-19-2014, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by CCR90
I wouldn't want a line-x'd floor unless it was for a work truck. But I would love to do a carpet delete. Never understood carpet in a vehicle.

I did this companies carpet delete & it worked out pretty well... it was a bitch to install correctly... never as good as a factory installed piece. Also laid down about 300 bucks of Dynomat.. total waste of money because there was no noise reduction.

http://www.auto-interior.com/moldedvinyl.htm
Attached Images  

Last edited by RESQLAB; 08-19-2014 at 12:05 PM.
Old 08-19-2014, 12:05 PM

Received 90 Likes on 68 Posts

If you already have vinyl, why do you want to Linex it? I'm with the others, I wouldn't buy a newer truck without carpet. But, I always install Weathertechs.
Old 08-19-2014, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by phantomblackgto
If you already have vinyl, why do you want to Linex it? I'm with the others, I wouldn't buy a newer truck without carpet. But, I always install Weathertechs.
The vinyl doesnt lay perfect in some places and I just think the Line-X would be kinda cool.

Gonna head to a professional interior shop today and see if they can work out some of the problem areas better than my friend & I tried to work on.

Quick Reply: Line-X interior floor- photos?