Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Let your wife drive your truck?

Old 06-13-2013, 10:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Let your wife drive your truck?

I do my best to take very good care of my vehicles, wash and vacuum my truck once or twice a week, wax every month, keep up with maintenance, ect...

I take care of my wife's Expedition also. My wife, whom I love dearly, beats the ever living crap out of her vehicles. There are little dents and scratches all over her SUV. Part of the reason I love Ford trucks, they survive my wife.

She doesn't tell me when her truck has problems, I typically find out when we go somewhere in her truck. Her shocks were shot, done, dead and the horn didn't work so I went to O'Riely's to pick up 4 Monroe shocks and started working on her Expedition this past weekend.

As I am working on replacing the rear shocks, she tells me she needs to run to WallyWorld so off she goes in my truck. This is how she brought it back.
Attached Thumbnails Let your wife drive your truck?-20130612_201314.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 06-13-2013, 10:41 AM

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

Screw that **** man.. I'd be irate I can't stand when people neglect there cars especially people do it to my car or truck... Like parking right up beside me an throwing there door into my **** and yes I know this is your wife not a stranger lol...
Old 06-13-2013, 10:45 AM

Received 88 Likes on 72 Posts

Damnnn. I don't let the girlfriend drive my truck, but its mostly because I wouldn't want to put her in that spot if something did happen. Only person that I've let drive my trucks is my old man.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:46 AM

Sounds a lot like my wife bud, I haven't even let her sit on the driver's side of my ride yet. Good luck!
Old 06-13-2013, 10:46 AM

Received 479 Likes on 333 Posts

LOL that sux man. My wife drives my truck on rare occasions and it scares me she is good driver but I worry. She can't back up with a crap (straight) you would think she is backing up a transport. /shrug
Old 06-13-2013, 10:48 AM

Received 579 Likes on 406 Posts

Sorry, but your wife either is unintelligent or inconsiderate lol. That is RIDICULOUS. My mother and sister are the same way... I FORCE them to park away from other cars and curbs and still she manages to put foot long curb rash marks on every single wheel on her ML63 AMG. Then she is careless when putting luggage into the back too. Scratches all over the chrome and paint on a brand new AMG mercedes. I told her she doesn't deserve/need a car this nice if she is going to treat it as a beater.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:54 AM

She's intelligent and, other than with her own vehicle, pretty considerate. She is just careless and off in her own world most of the time. I had to get her an Expedition because she drives like a maniac. Hops curbs, rubs against shopping cart corals, ect... all the hubs are MIA on her SUV. She rubbed my truck against a trailer in the parking lot of WallyWorld.

I haven't even made the first payment and my truck is headed for the shop.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:58 AM

Received 579 Likes on 406 Posts

Originally Posted by DrDilemma
She is just careless and off in her own world most of the time. I had to get her an Expedition because she drives like a maniac.

That sounds like irresponsibility. And to some point that does show that she is inconsiderate... just sayin'. doesn't care enough to even pay attention when she drives. Also kind of dangerous...
Old 06-13-2013, 11:01 AM

Received 398 Likes on 344 Posts

nope noone drives my truck except my dad. i bought her a fiesta to drive, And she loves it so all is good.
Old 06-13-2013, 11:10 AM

Received 98 Likes on 71 Posts

I can relate to your story lol. I am so **** with my truck. My neighbors think i have OCD because of how clean she is lol. The first time I let my wife borrow the truck it ended up in a body shop. She didn't take a turn wide enough where there was a pole. wiped out the whole side of the truck bed and a part of the stepper. I almost had a heart attack!!! To top things off I had to pay 1000 deductible on insurance. The truck was only a few weeks old. She does borrow it now once in awhile. However, she has learned to take the turns wide and park in China in parking lots away from all the other cars. lol. People can live they way they want it's there choice. But I really take care of everything I have because number one it cost me money lol, two, you take care of it, it will last forever. I have a 1998 f150 looks almost like the day I brought it home from the dealer, shiny paint great interior engine smooth etc.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Let your wife drive your truck?