Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Led issues

Old 06-09-2017, 06:45 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Led issues

I had a strange occurrence. I have LEDs all around while raining with the lights on the parking lights turned off without warning then turned back on a few minutes later. I'm guessing it's the BCM in some type of protection mode from a grounding issue but I'm not exactly sure how they operate. I had the turn signal on and stepping on the brake all at the same time if that makes a difference. I have hyper flasher because I only installed 1 load eqaulizer on each side for front and back if that also makes a difference. I checked the taillight because I had done the painted taillight mod so the wires look good. Any suggestions my next step is order better LEDs, I am using the best eBay has to offer for eight dollars I'm going to Sylvanias.
Old 06-09-2017, 07:15 PM

Received 120 Likes on 98 Posts

The Sylvania LED's I bought for the front parking lights were a huge disappointment. Bought Sylvania's for the rear too, didn't take them out of the package, sent them back. The front parking LED's were so dim, they were peach in color. They put out less light than the OEM halogens.

I would start with a known good configuration before I started toubleshooting anything. You can either use Forscan to disable the bulb failure detection function and remove any resistors. Or you can finish installing the resistors on each light harness.
Old 06-09-2017, 09:21 PM

Received 3,010 Likes on 1,668 Posts

I wouldn't expect anything good from an $8 eBay led. Get rid of those asap.

To the guy above, were they sylvaina Zevo or just regular sylvaina led? The Zevo have been better then most aftermarket leds that I've tried and compared to. And I've been comparing everything I can to them for that past 1.5 years and always end up back with them. Also are you speaking of side marker or turn signals? Since you said parking lights, I'll take it you didn't get the turn signals.

My front turns are not peach at all. They are amber/orange. The red in the tails are even better.

They have similar outputs to an actual incandescent and reflect all usable light back at the reflector.

Last edited by 2008__XL; 06-09-2017 at 09:24 PM.
Old 06-10-2017, 03:47 PM
Blackout

Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts

Using vled switchbacks in my fronts and Jdm's in the rear. Very bright and so issues at all

Search this Thread