Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED Interior light kit with sound

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 06:25 PM

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts
Default LED Interior light kit with sound

Anyone have these from LED GLow? I have some and I thought they would be nice but the sound activation just does not seem to work up to what I expected. I have found that they have a default flash and while there is some response to music, it appears to me they are not nearly as responsive as I would have hoped them to be. I thought mine were defective but after working with Tech Support, they seem to think they are fine and I misunderstood their functioning. The default flash seems to me to be there to make it appear as they are reactive to the music. I don't mean to bash them but it just does not seem that they do what I expected.

I will post a video to see what others think.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:09 PM

hate this song but i thought it was slow enough to catch reaction from LEDs
i don't see it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6mzM...ature=youtu.be

anyone else?
Old 03-11-2013, 07:22 PM

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

How could you not like "Hold on Loosely by 38 Special"??

I don't know anything about the lights.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Candy Red F150 FX4
How could you not like "Hold on Loosely by 38 Special"??

I don't know anything about the lights.
lol. showing your age. i am more asking opinions on if you can see any reaction from the music. i don't....
Old 03-11-2013, 10:27 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the same set I believe. I found that if you have the control box closer to the speakers while turning the volume on the box down, it helps. It's not perfect but I don't think it's horrible either.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:26 AM
F150 Forum

Received 350 Likes on 285 Posts

looks like they are trying to duplicate the old school color bars they put in lowriders.. but it definitely doesnt look right. maybe cuz i have a color bar and i know how the lights really dance to the music
Old 03-12-2013, 12:33 AM

Received 131 Likes on 91 Posts

I bought a set of these for the ambient light feature but later decided it might be a little ghetto and didn't install it (take no offense to that). I did get a converter and installed the lights as ambient light in my daughter's room and as a tween, she finds the response to music function pretty cool. The unit is relatively close to the music source though and the quality of sound coming from the iPad stereo isn't as good as our stock system inside the truck. So I agree that moving them closer to a speaker might help out.

Edit: After reviewing your YouTube video it appears mine is a different unit. Mine looks a little different and has a different type of remote to control the thing.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:59 AM
In Dale we trust.

Received 165 Likes on 109 Posts

To me it looked like it picked it up at the beginning then just started blinking
Old 03-12-2013, 06:57 AM

fyi - the speaker was about two inches from the control box. also i too agree on the ghetto effect. still not even sure i want them. i saw one picture where the lighting looked good and it made me buy them. now i am just obsessed that it aint working as advertised and so i may ask for my money back.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:02 AM

Received 117 Likes on 80 Posts

Hey eztarget, looking at the video that's a different looking system than the one I have, sharper4 might have the same system. and I agree the sound response is not performing the same as when I activate it on my system.

So, in the package I bought which came with a remote control, did yours? for me, to activate the sound response feature, I press and hold down on the button at the bottom until the lights flash one time then dim. after that, as I turn up the music their is a definite reaction to tone vs what you are getting.

it's currently raining, as soon as it stops I'll take a video of me activating the sound response.....
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: LED Interior light kit with sound