Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

leather seat cover and aftermarket seat heater question

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 11:28 PM

Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts

Default leather seat cover and aftermarket seat heater question

I am looking for leather seat covers. the best price I have found was truckleather.com. does anybody have any suggestions? Does anybody have pictures of your leather seat covers.

Has anybody installed aftermarket seat heaters? is there a way to install them so that they shut off when you shut off your engine? please forgive my ingnorance in this. I am not an experienced electrical guy but I can figure things out.

Any help is great. So far on this forum when I ask a question the responses have promted me to purchase or prevented me from purchasing. So I spend a bit of money but I am sur eI have saved a bit based on what you guys reply with.
So thanks and happy holidays
Old 12-17-2012, 12:10 AM

Received 82 Likes on 52 Posts

Have you looked at these?

http://www.katzkin.com/
Old 12-17-2012, 12:28 AM
Girthy Member

Received 106 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnnyC
I am looking for leather seat covers. the best price I have found was truckleather.com. does anybody have any suggestions? Does anybody have pictures of your leather seat covers.

Has anybody installed aftermarket seat heaters? is there a way to install them so that they shut off when you shut off your engine? please forgive my ingnorance in this. I am not an experienced electrical guy but I can figure things out.

Any help is great. So far on this forum when I ask a question the responses have promted me to purchase or prevented me from purchasing. So I spend a bit of money but I am sur eI have saved a bit based on what you guys reply with.
So thanks and happy holidays
I strongly second the Katzkin recommendation. I installed my own, with heaters. The heaters will turn off as desired if hooked up to the correct circuit. I used the circuit labeled for heated seats. It is listed in the manual, the fuse panel you need is in the passenger footwell. Works perfectly.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:31 AM

Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts

wow, now those are really nice. look almost better than factory
Old 12-17-2012, 03:06 PM
Five-0 Ret.

Received 674 Likes on 578 Posts

Johnny, I've had the Katzkin for approx. two years now. They have held up great. The seat heaters I bought have a switch, the heaters stop heating when you turn the engine off, but the switch will remain on unless you push it to the off position. Of course if it's in the on position the heaters will come on again when you restart the truck.

If you look just below the front section of the seat you will see the switch for the heater.
BTW, the leather smooths out nicely after it cures for a few weeks. These covers were installed by guys that knew what they were doing.

Last edited by Wanted33; 12-17-2012 at 03:09 PM.
Old 12-17-2012, 03:09 PM

Received 58 Likes on 33 Posts

This is my favorite thread on here for leather covers:
https://www.f150forum.com/f38/clazzi...talled-139181/

I have a of these which just shipped last week. All black, double white stitching, $500

Lots of the Katzkins look really 'plasticy' imo
Old 12-19-2012, 01:47 PM
Five-0 Ret.

Received 674 Likes on 578 Posts

Originally Posted by Vandicate
This is my favorite thread on here for leather covers:
https://www.f150forum.com/f38/clazzi...talled-139181/

I have a of these which just shipped last week. All black, double white stitching, $500

Lots of the Katzkins look really 'plasticy' imo
The Clazzios' look good......if you don't mind going away from the original stitching.

Quick Reply: leather seat cover and aftermarket seat heater question