Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leather seat care

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 10:28 AM
FAMOUS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Leather seat care

Mine are only 2 months old and already starting to see a big crease in the drivers side seat, do I need to already start putting products on the leather to avoid this...is this normal this soon? First time to have leather so bare with me. What should I do? What products work best?
Old 08-05-2010, 10:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use Lexol Cleaner and Conditioner. Been using Lexol on my BMW and saddles/tack for years, probably the best, most reasonably priced leather care product available, IMO. Don't get sucked in to the overpriced stuff from Griots Garage or the like
Old 08-05-2010, 10:35 AM
FAMOUS

Originally Posted by jetmechG550
I use Lexol Cleaner and Conditioner. Been using Lexol on my BMW and saddles/tack for years, probably the best, most reasonably priced leather care product available, IMO. Don't get sucked in to the overpriced stuff from Griots Garage or the like

When should I apply something like that since they are new and starting to already see alil wear. Also how often do I apply it?
Old 08-05-2010, 10:47 AM
Vehicle Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mequires spray cleaner/protector.... but no matter what you do you WILL get creases
Old 08-05-2010, 10:49 AM
FAMOUS

Originally Posted by Tampawright
Mequires spray cleaner/protector.... but no matter what you do you WILL get creases

How often do you use it? I am aware of the creases but THIS SOON??? Like I said its only been 2 months, I cant imagine how ****ty it will look in a few years Anyone else have this problem THIS soon?
Old 08-05-2010, 11:00 AM

2 months but how much time have you spent sitting in the seat? Is the vehicle garaged or outside. Outside with some of the extreme heat we have been experiencing here in the Midwest and Southeast will definitely be harder on your vehicles interior. For me, my house/driveway has southern exposure so the sun is just beating on it through the windshield, I will do it a little more often, say once a month or every few weeks (more so the conditioner). Lexol also makes a Vinyl cleaner/conditioner combo product for dash/doors, etc..
Old 08-05-2010, 11:09 AM
Vehicle Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by F-amous150
How often do you use it? I am aware of the creases but THIS SOON??? Like I said its only been 2 months, I cant imagine how ****ty it will look in a few years Anyone else have this problem THIS soon?
I had that early too.... it isn't the highest quality leather. I use the treatment ever 3 months or so... unless I need it (I have kids)
Old 08-05-2010, 11:12 AM
FAMOUS

Originally Posted by jetmechG550
2 months but how much time have you spent sitting in the seat? Is the vehicle garaged or outside. Outside with some of the extreme heat we have been experiencing here in the Midwest and Southeast will definitely be harder on your vehicles interior. For me, my house/driveway has southern exposure so the sun is just beating on it through the windshield, I will do it a little more often, say once a month or every few weeks (more so the conditioner). Lexol also makes a Vinyl cleaner/conditioner combo product for dash/doors, etc..
Well It has about 3200-3300 miles on it within 2 months. But I take nice care of the inside and out and it is garaged. It is outside in the heat at times but I try to remember to put up my sun shade. I have forgotten several times though. I dont see anything else taking a beating from the sun but the seats. Just thought it was odd they are already getting creases
Old 08-05-2010, 11:22 AM

Received 147 Likes on 78 Posts

I use Meguiars Gold Class Rich Leather Wipes everytime I wash (about once a week). One $5-7 Canister has 25 wipes, so it will last around 6 months.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:23 AM

Just drying out a little, condition them up.

Quick Reply: Leather seat care