Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kicker VSS Powerstage

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2018, 09:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Kicker VSS Powerstage

Is the Kicker VSS complete kit (with the processor for the door speakers) worth the money? I'm looking for a simple stereo upgrade but I don't want to waste money if it won't improve sound quality by much
Old 01-25-2018, 01:01 AM
dannyboy

Received 61 Likes on 55 Posts

I got mine as part of a group buy a couple years ago. Full kit: 4 Speakers, Amp/Processor, & Powered Subwoofer.
HUGE Improvement over stock!
I got for only about $375. So, it was a no-brained...

Not sure if they're still $1200+ anymore.
Old 01-25-2018, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by Daniejw
I got mine as part of a group buy a couple years ago. Full kit: 4 Speakers, Amp/Processor, & Powered Subwoofer.

From what I've seen they're still between 9-1200 bucks. Worth it? That's not including speakers
Old 01-25-2018, 08:44 AM

Received 289 Likes on 236 Posts

I think it depends on your skill level and what you want. You can probably piece together a better system yourself if you take the time to track down the components and do the work yourself. But if you just want something that's ready to install, the Kicker package isn't bad.

If you have the stock non-sony system, you'll definitely see an upgrade. I'm sure you still would if you have the Sony sound package, but I don't know if it's worth the $1000 price at that point.
Old 01-25-2018, 09:03 AM
dannyboy

Received 61 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by MrGame
From what I've seen they're still between 9-1200 bucks. Worth it? That's not including speakers
It’s all about if it’s worth it for you. Like I said. Mine was not expensive. So, I couldn’t say No.

For a direct plug and play with power and ground connections. It was an easy install. Around 2 hours.

If you go pick out random stuff and piece it all together. It may no be as easy.

Where in NJ are you?
Old 01-25-2018, 09:43 AM

It’s all about if it’s worth it for you. Like I said. Mine was not expensive. So, I couldn’t say No.

For a direct plug and play with power and ground connections. It was an easy install. Around 2 hours.

If you go pick out random stuff and piece it all together. It may no be as easy.

Where in NJ are you?
I'm in Sayreville. Best Buy has a promo for $1249 installed with 0% interest for 12 months
Old 01-25-2018, 11:20 AM

Received 172 Likes on 148 Posts

That was a killer deal. When I saw them, they were $400 or $425 and I came very close to buying. Ended up doing some much needed lighting upgrades instead, but this was next on my list. Waited too long and missed out.

From what I remember, there are 2 versions of this kit...1 that Kicker lists, and 1 that is a Ford branded accessory. The Ford kit uses all the same Kicker components, but includes 4 kicker door speakers. Also, IIRC, the Ford kit was 100% plug and play, and I believe even the speakers have the Ford Terminals. I think there was some splicing involved in the Kicker kit, but don't recall where.

I can't help you as to whether either kit is worth $1200, but it would be worth checking out the Ford Accessory website and see if it's still offered. If you get the part number and google it, you can usually get the Ford stuff a good bit cheaper.
Old 02-01-2018, 04:28 PM

I ended up getting the Kicker branded kit with a free install from Best Buy. My appointment is 2/10; can't wait!
The following users liked this post:
MrLunchbox (02-01-2018)
Old 02-01-2018, 05:58 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

I ended up getting the Kicker branded kit with a free install from Best Buy. My appointment is 2/10; can't wait!
You're gonna love it, I put the sub only kit in my truck and wow!! Huge improvement. I did upgrade the door speakers with Polk audio however, never got around to installing the amp for the door speakers simply because it sounds fine the way it is.

When I wore a younger mans clothes I would have installed it first.

P.S. Be sure you turn the bass way down before you crank the sound, you'll know why as soon as you turn it on unless they adjust it during install, I installed mine my self.

Last edited by RLXXI; 02-01-2018 at 06:01 PM.
The following users liked this post:
MrLunchbox (02-01-2018)
Old 02-01-2018, 09:14 PM

Received 53 Likes on 49 Posts

I'm still on the fence as I did buy a full aftermarket radio and speakers (not installed yet) but didn't get a sub. Wondering if I should keep with the aftermarket or get the kicker

Quick Reply: Kicker VSS Powerstage