Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.

Kicker Substage Install

Old 05-15-2019, 01:17 PM

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Kicker Substage Install

Ok. So I have spent the last two hours searching here, YouTube, other F150 forums etc. I am looking for help on the kicker substage install.

I got my kit. No instructions were included. In my reading, it seems some people have a harness under the rear carpet and easily connect to it. It seems others have had to completely pull the dash to get to the back of the head unit to connect.

I havenít been successful in finding s video for the substage. Only the power stage. And in that, there seems to be a lot of steps that donít seem relevant to just the substage install.

Can anyone shed some light on all this? Does anyone have a link to a good install video?

Truck is a 2013 XLT 4.2Ē HU non Sony with aftermarket door speakers.
Old 05-15-2019, 01:52 PM

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

Shouldn't have to get behind the dash. Here are the instructions I followed when installing mine.
https://www.kicker.com/app/manuals/v...2020140930.pdf
Old 05-15-2019, 05:22 PM
Fleet Technician

Received 4,804 Likes on 3,730 Posts

Here's the OEM install instructions that came with my kit. https://www.levittownfordparts.com/d...3Z-18808-N.pdf
Old 05-15-2019, 05:48 PM

Thank you both very much. This is definitely what I needed. I was surprised this was that difficult to find.
Old 05-15-2019, 06:01 PM
Fleet Technician

Originally Posted by LexPD View Post
Thank you both very much. This is definitely what I needed. I was surprised this was that difficult to find.
These speaker upgrade kits came out 6 years ago so that might have something to do with it.

Oh and you're welcome.
Old 05-16-2019, 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by mpittmann View Post
Shouldn't have to get behind the dash. Here are the instructions I followed when installing mine.
https://www.kicker.com/app/manuals/v...2020140930.pdf
Iíve been at work most the day and night and finally got to sit down and look at this to compare with all the pieces I have. So on your instructions, it says with optional amplifier. Is that referring to the power stage with additional amp and DSP? Not the amplifier thatís mounted to the sub box, correct?

I apologize for these questions. Iím just not an expert with audio wiring and installs.
Old 05-18-2019, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Rnlcomp View Post
Here's the OEM install instructions that came with my kit. https://www.levittownfordparts.com/d...3Z-18808-N.pdf
RNL I definitely owe you one. I didnít realize the installs were different for the ford branded vs the kicker branded subs. I have the ford branded system. So no wire caps were included for the speaker wire. The biggest issue for me was getting the wires spliced together. So Iím currently out getting caps to put them together and plug into the harness.

I havent fired it up yet obviously, but everything is pretty much done. Thank you sir. If you ever come to Lexington Ky, I owe you a beer.

Edit: Finally installed. Man this thing rocks. Iím really surprised by the amount of bass it puts out. Not window on house rattling, but will definitely rattle your mirror. And that is with the bass turned to +2. No need to go any higher unless you just really love bass.

One more time, thank you for the help.

Last edited by LexPD; 05-18-2019 at 04:24 PM.
Old 05-21-2019, 09:56 PM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

LexPD, real quick how much did you pay for it? I'm selling my truck and considering pulling mine out.
Old 05-21-2019, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by slowrey View Post
LexPD, real quick how much did you pay for it? I'm selling my truck and considering pulling mine out.
Bought mine from a guy in Tx on Craigslist. Brand new never installed for $250. Another member on here found one for $200 on Craigslist. Neither of those include shipping.
Old 05-21-2019, 10:55 PM
Fleet Technician

I love a good ending! Impressed the hell outta me on install as well. ....6.. years later still bumping lol.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Kicker Substage Install

Contact Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: